When are you starting to TTC?

HippyMumma23

Reaction score
Hi, sorry Im fairly newish to this site. Ive come and gone for the last few months because my partner couldnt make his mind up. It seems now Im in BnB for the forseeable future :happydance:

I expect this thread has been started before, but I couldnt find one. So when is everyone going to stop WTT and start TTC?

Im October.

We are currently NTNP (not trying not protecting) and will be officialy TTC in September :) xx

I think I'm TTC now but I'm not sure what TTC means anymore :rofl:

Hi hun, if you look at the top there is a sticky thread called wwt list. It shows when every one plans to ttc.

Oh right yes! Thank you Lozzy21! I didnt know what that was.

Can I ask you all though, whats the difference between NTNP and TTC? I mean, once you actually start TTC what would have changed? I always thought its the same thing?

Oh right yes! Thank you Lozzy21! I didnt know what that was.

Can I ask you all though, whats the difference between NTNP and TTC? I mean, once you actually start TTC what would have changed? I always thought its the same thing?

That's my dilemma. I say I am not trying, not preventing, but I see it as we're not preventing and we want a baby, so we're trying? :rofl:

Yeah.... I'm confuzzled too.... but I'm a wee bit too tired to care right now!

Awwww. Well good luck to the NTNP'ers!!

xxxx

I cant wait to start trying, Im kinda glad we are waiting a few months, I like having something to look forward to.

Ntnp is just shagging with out contraception but ttc is TRYING to im gessing using some thing else like charting, temping, checking cm, using OPK's.

I'm planning to TTC from about august - need to clarify exactly when with hubby. Although maybe we will be NTNP - I will be coming off the pill and noting when I have AF to get an idea of when I might be ovulating, but I have no intention of using any charts or OPKs or anything like that. I'm a bit concerned that all that charting and testing and having to :sex: when the chart says so puts way too much pressure on a couple, takes away some of the fun, and the stress can make conception less likely. Hubby's happy too because it means we have to :sex: all the time!! :rofl:

Of course if nature hasn't done it's thing after a few months I will probably try a bit harder to figure out when I'm ovulating, but by then I'll probably be a bit stressed out anyway, so a little bit more won't make any difference!

I'm planning to TTC from about august - need to clarify exactly when with hubby. Although maybe we will be NTNP - I will be coming off the pill and noting when I have AF to get an idea of when I might be ovulating, but I have no intention of using any charts or OPKs or anything like that. I'm a bit concerned that all that charting and testing and having to :sex: when the chart says so puts way too much pressure on a couple, takes away some of the fun, and the stress can make conception less likely. Hubby's happy too because it means we have to :sex: all the time!! :rofl:

Of course if nature hasn't done it's thing after a few months I will probably try a bit harder to figure out when I'm ovulating, but by then I'll probably be a bit stressed out anyway, so a little bit more won't make any difference!

We're pretty much gonna do the same "noting when I have AF to get an idea of when I might be ovulating"

xx

:happydance:Starting in January - I don't think we will chart unless it gets to over about 4 months or so as I don't want to make it clinical. I always know when my AFs are due so I'll just be aiming to test when they're late! I still consider it TTC though as a :baby: is our end goal!!:happydance:

I am coming off pill end of the year and are more than likely going to be NTNP from then on. Depends on money situation though for the deposit on a house.

After years of vague 'yes in the next few years' thinking we finally decided last week that we will TTC in January 2010. So that gives us 7 months to get other stuff done and for DH to psychologically adjust to the decision lol.

Not sure yet whether we will be doing the full-on charting thing or what. I think initially I'd rather not so it doesn't become too pressured or obsessive (I'd rather just BD regularly and more around mid-cycle). My cycles do vary in length though so if we don't conceive in the first six months I'd probably want to go down the charting route.

Depending on the bloodwork I had done last week, we might be TTC from the beginning of next month too! If the bloodwork doesn't come back how I want, its more likely to be Sept/October.

Well we're kind of NTNP at the mo, but I'm still breastfeeding our 5 1/2 month old son, so I'm not ovulating properly yet anyway.

However, definitely NOT pregnant as we did a test before the weekend :)bfn:) and then I got my period at the weekend anyway (only the second one in 6 months!!!)...

Hubby wants to TTC when little one is 6 months (15th of this month) but I think I'm leaning towards him being 8-9 months old. BUT, having said that... My period was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad this time round that 6 months is sounding like a blooming good idea!!

Either way I think we''l be NTNP until little one is fully weaned (next couple of months) and then once my cycle is back on track I think we're start actually TTC and keeping an eye on exactly when my periods etc are.

Your lucky in some ways though kimmyjane. I breasfed my son for a year and got my AF's back right from the start of having him. I had no breaks from them at all! My mum breastfed my little brother untill he was 2 and for the full 2 years didnt get AF's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->