When are you switching to a "big kid" bed?

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
I'm curious when you all are going to (or have) switched your LOs to a toddler bed. I switched Aiden to a toddler bed when he was around 2, but I don't think I'll be doing the same for Mady. She likes to run around way too much and get into trouble. :haha: Right now she's sleeping in a playard since her crib is in storage and once we move she'll be going back into it. Is it odd that my 2 year old will still be in a crib (for at least another 6 months)?

my Lil boy was in a toddler bed from 13months as he learnt to climb out of the cot I just put up a saftey gate on his door so he couldnt get out and have an accident x Hes now 2 and a half and we moved him to a big big boy bed last month as we wanted to get him out off the toddler bed (its a cotbed) so that when we have another child we wont have to go through the difficult transaction. but i dont think its odd for your LO to still be in a cot at 2 every parents choice is diffrent x

Gracelynn is in a toddler bed but is still co-sleeping if it makes sense!!
When she would sleep in her crib she would attempt to climb out and its right next to my bed.
You changed your little girls name?

Kenneth and I co-sleep but he does have a toddler bed, I'm trying to get him in it since the bigger he gets, the more room he takes up in my bed. I don't think it's bad you have her in a crib still, it's really up to you and what works best.

My daughter's been in a "big" girl bed since shortly before 12 months old. The transition was great and has helped her STTN (thank god!!). And its so convenient. She really hated being trapped in the crib, and when she wakes up in her big girl bed, she usually just lies there until I come get her. Or she'll knock on her door and talk if its closed, or she'll come down the hall to our room if her door is cracked. She hasn't gotten out of bed to mess around with anything in the middle of the night or anything so far.

Also, I don't think it's too weird or anything that your toddler will still be in a crib for a while longer. If thats what you feel she needs.

I think close to 2. BUT if she throws herself out of her crib, definitely then for sure.

As soon as Jaymee learned to walk it was by by crib . The same will be for kat. Jaymee was 17 months Kat will probably be sooner as she loves to walk already and I'm sure if she could go she would

Thank you all for your replies. :) Mady hasn't really tried escaping out of her playard yet, so I don't think I'll have an issue with her trying to get out of her crib.

Gracelynn is in a toddler bed but is still co-sleeping if it makes sense!!
When she would sleep in her crib she would attempt to climb out and its right next to my bed.
You changed your little girls name?

We're thinking about changing it...so I'm testing it out, I guess to make sure I still like the name in a week. :haha: But my OH likes Evelyn a little bit better than Seraphina, so it's looking likely that her name will be Evelyn. :thumbup:

I switched Elyse at 1 year 9 months- just before last Christmas! She was trying to climb out.

I don't think it's odd for a 2.5 year old to be in a crib though! As long as they're safe in there, I don't think you really NEED to get them switched over to the big kid bed until they are potty training :)

I can't remember right off the top of my head right now, but I think Robyn was around 17 months when we moved her into a toddler bed. We wanted to get her used to being in a big girls bed as we might have needed the cot for Logan, who was due a little before Robyn turned 18 months.

I don't think it's weird, kids change to toddler beds at all ages. You know your daughter best :flower:

Its not weird if you and her are fine with it :) Noah is almost 21 months and still in his cot. For the same reasons, I'm scared he will just run riot and destroy my whole upstairs (there isn't a stairgate on his door - door wouldn't open/close properly with it on so its at the top of the stairs instead - meaning he can go mess my room up too :haha:) and not sleep. He does have a bed, its not a toddler bed though its an 'adult' sized single bed, because we had it anyway so thought it would be pointless buying a toddler bed as well. I might try him in it soon, but I kinda don't want to :-k He hasn't tried climbing out of his cot or anything so I guess when he does, or when he starts potty training, whichever comes first then I'll move him :) x

I can foresee her being in my bed until she's married with kids :haha:

It definitely won't be before we move out in 2015, there's just no room. I was thinking about moving her onto the sofa [in my room] once we start potty training, if that counts :p

I was thinking of moving Aliyah into a toddler bed soon. For selfish reasons though. I was thinking i could buy her a toddler bed and the new baby could go straight into her cotbed. I have changed my mind though,as i don't think it would be fair.
She loves her cotbed and hasnt tried climbing out or anything yet. I will keep her in it for as long as poss:D

I can foresee her being in my bed until she's married with kids :haha:

It definitely won't be before we move out in 2015, there's just no room. I was thinking about moving her onto the sofa [in my room] once we start potty training, if that counts :p

She will need a bed before 2015 lol:haha:
I don't know yet :/

Not sure, when he starts trying to climb out of it I will turn it into a Toddler bed :) Aslong as she is safe in her cot I don't see any problem!

I might do it soon. I have a closet/study area attached to my room and my oldest brother is moving and has an extra adult size twin bed and frame. I think we'll both sleep better if she's moved.

Hollie is still in her cot, I think she will be in there for another 6-9 months maybe even longer, she sleeps in her own room and I'd rather her be i her cot that way i know she is safe.

At about 17-18 months when we moved. Since we were moving we figured we just get all the changes for her out of the way when we moved in. Her bed is also a single adult bed not a toddler bed but it has a super low frame.

19 months :) I changed are 3 in 1 crib to the toddler way. Im hoping that will last him a good amount of time before i need to get a single bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->