when can I start to give meals to my baby?

soleildujour

Reaction score
Hello,

I am wrinting to ask when can I start give meals to my baby of 3 months?
Can I start with banana?

thanks

Hiya hun...the recomended age is 6months and the earliest 4months. Is your baby a very hungry baby?

I would recommend that you start on baby rice as it is the closest taste to his milk and is all easy to digest...xx

Same thing hun I would recommend starting with some baby rice or baby oatmeal and see how his tummy handles that first ..Once hes had that for about 2 weeks you can start to introduce some yellow veggies make sure to keep giving the same one for 3-5 days to make sure he wont get a reaction its best to test all the veggies and then fruits ..

as for banana its not the best thing to start with as it can lead to constipation , especially hes had nothing else before ..

How many oz of milk does he drink per day ?

I wouldn't give a baby solids until at least 4mths, and it is recommended not to do it until around 6mths. But def start with baby rice. not banana.

Who made these bloody guidelines lol there so confusing sometimes lol

It's done by research from the WHO, they are only recommendations and each child is different.

yeh, i have heard that it s better to continue breastfeeding untill 6 months. I don t now,certainly I will start with light meals.

at 3 months it's too early - the digestive system isnt ready. It may even result in allergies according to some studies.

There is no reason to start this early unless baby is really unahppy and your doc advises it.

Keep on with just milk for a month or two more atleast. There's more calories in the milk anyway. Baby will benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->