When can I TTC after ectopic with surgery? Your thoughts and experiences needed.

peanutbear

Please stay little bean!
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm in sort of a dilemma with trying to figure out when I can TTC after having laparoscopy surgery for an ectopic pregnancy. My doctor told me that he "generally tells anyone with a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy loss to wait 3 cycles." To me that is the cheap way out and he is grouping me with everyone else- what about me as an individual with my circumstances.

I understand the emotional healing that needs to be done because I've suffered a miscarriage also, but I'm asking if there are physical medical reasons why I shouldn't or couldn't try to conceive a baby after my first cycle (which btw I've just started -almost 6 weeks after my surgery).

After my miscarriage it took me 6 months to get pregnant again anyway so why not try right out of the gate. Any thoughts or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. What have your doctors said?

Sorry for your loss peanutbear. I thought your post looked a bit empty but I'm afraid I have no experience of ectopic. Wondering if the length of pregnancy affects the judgement? Sorry I can't offer more help x

I agree that a lot of docs tell you some "standard" .. it just depends on whether you had complications and the reasons and such. I'm not sure with ectopic- I know if it's just a regular mc, a lot of women just jump back in immediately w/o waiting. It could depend on what kind of meds they gave you with it being ectopic. I personally didn't have any complications and also didn't wait- I didn't try super hard the first month honestly- I don't think I even ovulated so it didn't matter regardless- but this is month 2 and I am back full force trying!

Hi girls

I am sorry for your loss Peanutbear. I also had an ectopic resulting in loss of tube. I was told by my doctor that I should wait for three cycles but I feel that they dont look into the emotional side of things. It seems that they think once your body is healed you are ready. They dont take into account that your mind is ready before or after this time!
They also told me that I would be able to get pregnant with one tube! A big promise if you ask me!! Ive been struggling with this for some time!

My advice to you is to do what your body is telling you. It may seem that the time is right for you and if it is - go for it! But make sure you let your emotions guide you too.

I hope you have success!
xx

I experienced a tubal pregnancy that resulted in Laproscopic surgery too, so I know what your are experiencing. My OB told me to wait until I have had a complete cycle and so my DH and I are on cycle #2. I am currently 17 DPO but waiting till the weekend to test! My thoughts are with you on this emotional roller coaster.

I experienced a tubal pregnancy that resulted in Laproscopic surgery too, so I know what your are experiencing. My OB told me to wait until I have had a complete cycle and so my DH and I are on cycle #2. I am currently 17 DPO but waiting till the weekend to test! My thoughts are with you on this emotional roller coaster.

Thanks for your reply. I needed to know that there was someone out there feeling like they could TTC after one cycle. I didn't end up losing a tube so I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get pregnant again. Lots of positive thoughts for you! Let me know how it works out!

I'm 18 and had an ectopic pregnancy with twins 9 weeks ago...had one cycle since and think im pregnant again. Its worrying because your body needs time to recover, but the waiting is horrible isnt it.
Keep your chin up =) good luck with TTC, I know the feeling of desperately wanting to again.

Do any of you know whether being just 2 weeks pregnant could stop my period??
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->