when can she have pasta

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
just like the title says really, i presume she cant have it until 6 months because of the gluten but is she ok to have it after that?

i bought a cow and gate pasta yesterday and it says 7 months which i thought may be because of the size of the pieces but maybe there is anyother reason any help would be great

Lou
xxx

I just started giving baby pasta to Jasmine and she is almost 7 months,... I got baby pasta because its fortified with some extra vitamins etc...

i've been giving my bub's baby pasta since he was just over 6 months (one by annabel karmel). the reason they put 7 months, is because that is when 2nd stage weaning begins ie. lumpier foods, chewing etc. However, for those of us who weaned earlier than the 6 month recommendation, it's important to introduce lumpier foods earlier as they say not to wait too long otherwise babies become lazy. So if you've already introduced lumpy foods, and she's fine with those, the next stage is chewy foods, such as soggy rusks, steamed veggies, then toast and pasta etc. I waited till he was over 6 months, due to the gluten in pasta although she also does these pasta stars which are wheat, gluten etc free. presumably for allergic children or those who've had to wean early but are under 6 months.

7 months seems ok :) Alot of the pre made jars with pasta in them are from 7 months onwards so I am assuming 7 months for pasta is ok :) Elinor lives off the stuff :rofl:

i would say if she's used to lumps by 6months then i would try it after that, maddi's had it since 7months, she loves it :D x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->