When can you safely ttc after a c-section

I believe that the withdrawal method is effective as long as he pees between "sessions" (yeah right, more than once per day with a newborn ain't happening anyway lol) and he always pulls out in plenty of time. I am on the mini pill now anyway.

I specifically asked my midwife the soonest we could TTC and she said she recommended 18 months between labor/deliveries but it would be okay if I accidentally got pregnant 16/17 months between... she also laughed and said that means I'd have to get pregnant soon and it'll go by fast so don't rush.

I just had a long discussion with my surgeon about this as we need to do an IVF cycle asap. The take home message:

1. Completely unsafe before 6 months post-partum. Yes, most women will still probably be ok but a high rate of uterine rupture. She had a case where a woman's uterus ruptured at 7 months with her 2nd pregnancy, she and babe nearly died and babe had serious pre-term developmental issues.

2. Ideal is 18 months but 12 months is fine so long as you are ok with repeat c-section. If you want VBAC she would like more than 12 months. We would like ours probably about 10-12 months and she said that would be fine.

I waited 18 - 19 months after the birth of my son before I fell pregnant again. This baby is a total surprise, mind you, and I was still denied a chance to VBAC at all. My son will be 25 months old (2 years + 1 mo) when this baby is born, so it really just depends on how anal your OB is, I suppose.

Urgh, just updating to say that my wee one is now 5 months and I'm still insanely broody! I have decided that I need to get a permanent job before ttc again (I'm not unemployed, and never have been, I'm a teacher who has been on several one year contracts)

My EMCS was in late September 2015 with our eldest, and I'm now pregnant with our rainbow. She's due in August and I will have a repeat in the beginning of August. They'll be a ten and a half month gap between c sections.

Whilst no-one has completely freaked out on me, or panicked, I'm certainly feeling it being pregnant again so soon. My back is constantly in pain, my bump just went whoosh and popped out overnight and my scar often gets a burning or stinging pain in it. They're keeping an eye on it, but I'll definitely leave a longer age gap next time. My body is exhausted. I'd definitely recommend the 18m to 2 years between births!

18 months from one csection to the next us what my dr says. He's not keen on cesarian sections back to back.

My EMCS was in late September 2015 with our eldest, and I'm now pregnant with our rainbow. She's due in August and I will have a repeat in the beginning of August. They'll be a ten and a half month gap between c sections.

Whilst no-one has completely freaked out on me, or panicked, I'm certainly feeling it being pregnant again so soon. My back is constantly in pain, my bump just went whoosh and popped out overnight and my scar often gets a burning or stinging pain in it. They're keeping an eye on it, but I'll definitely leave a longer age gap next time. My body is exhausted. I'd definitely recommend the 18m to 2 years between births!

Sorry about your loss. In your shoes I certainly would also have started ttc straight away also.

I plan to ttc close to her first birthday, a 7 month wait seems do-able (we were WTT for 5 years before she was born) that will give us over 18 months between deliveries.

Physically I feel great after my c-section, I healed brilliantly and hope to do so next time!

Sorry about your loss. In your shoes I certainly would also have started ttc straight away also.

I plan to ttc close to her first birthday, a 7 month wait seems do-able (we were WTT for 5 years before she was born) that will give us over 18 months between deliveries.

Physically I feel great after my c-section, I healed brilliantly and hope to do so next time!

Thank you 💛 I'm glad I can come on here and people understand somewhat. That sounds like a good gap! I think I've struggled more because my poor scar, when my daughter passed away I had a hematoma burst through my scar and then the middle was open for a bit ahile they treated for infection. It still wasn't fully healed up on the outside when I got pregnant again! Seems to be holding well but it's definitely sore! A bit like how it felt a few weeks after the op. My sis in law had a 2 year gap between births and she was fine, pregnancy felt the same as the previous one.

It's crazy the differing doc recommend times to wait ... We had baby #1 on January 5th and have been dtd with no condom since the 6 week mark...:dohh:

My doc said to wait 6 months... I want a close age gap, so the pill wasn't an option, and condoms are the absolute WORST:cry: we've only used them twice, ew.

I'm slightly worried & have already taken a test, it was negative but i seriously can't handle the condoms for 3 more months.

Due to an issue with my c-section incision becoming infected I've seen multiple OB/GYNs since the birth of my baby 10 weeks ago. One said wait a minimum of 6 months but it's best to wait at least 12 months. Another recommended for me to wait 2 years (I had some complications), but said the usual recommendation is 18 months regardless of vaginal or c-section birth because it lowers the risks of complications "significantly."

If it's important to you to try a vaginal birth wait the 18 months. I read that you shouldn't attempt a VBAC unless it's been at least 18 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->