When can you use tampons again?

tinymumma

Mummy to a rainbow boy
Reaction score
I'm just over 5 weeks pp and I'm on my 4th day of my period. I only had 2 days between the end of my lochia and the start of my period. I'm sick to death of wearing pads!! They gross me out so badly.
There is no sign that AF is on it's way out, so when can you start using tampons again?
TIA

Are u sure its ur period ? Ino thats a silly question bt the lochia can stop and start. They say ur ment to wait til after ur first period so on ur second u can use them but I used them on my first period bt I stopped bleeding after birth at about 2 weeks pp.. think I got my period when he was 6 weeks x

I'm pretty sure, as I've been getting headaches, moodiness and cramps. It's also increased in flow (2-3 regular pads per day, not including night where as before all I needed was a liner) and is now bright red again. I asked my midwife and she said that it's most likely my period due to the symptoms. Although the moodiness could just be due to the fact I'm sick and bloody tired of this. Pun intended :haha:

It could be your period but I know that I was bleeding up until after 6 weeks pp same as many of my friends. Also I think you can use tampons first cycle of period if you are sure it's your period x

I doubt it would be your period, wouldn't the lining need time grow before it was shed? That would be tricky while shedding lochia.

Lots of women find the bleeding stops and then comes back bright red (happened to me both times).

Pads are yucky so you have my sympathy.

Hmmm, I haven't considered that minites....

If ur doing to much can ccause the bleeding to get worse .. id definitely wait to use tampons x

I think I will. I was just kind of hoping that I could by now :( Do you ladies know whether you have to have stopped bleeding to be put on the mini pill? I was told you have to wait until your 6 week pp check up but I'm not sure if that's because of bleeding, or what :shrug:

I got my period at 8 weeks postpartum both times and I used tampons from then on.

I've been told to wait 6 weeks post Partum before using tampons and having sex. I'm in the same boat... Only I still have 4 weeks left to continue using pads. :cry:

It really does suck, doesn't it? Oh the joys of being female :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->