When did AF come back?

KalonKiki

Liam and Thea's Mommy <3
Reaction score
So my DS just turned 4 months old a couple of days ago and I was curious about when I can maybe expect AF to come back. Don't get me wrong, it's been nice not having it, but I don't want to wake up or go to use the bathroom one day only to find that AF has arrived and ruined one of my good pairs of underwear and that I need to go out and buy pads and tampons right then and there while using a piece of toilet paper as a substitute in the meantime because I was not prepared.

When did AF return for you while breastfeeding?

We exclusively breastfeed on demand, I know that can affect when AF comes back. I know every woman is different, I just want to get a general idea for when I can maybe expect the :witch: to return by talking to other women that also exclusively breastfed on demand (or still do and have already had AF return) and seeing what their experience was like. Thanks! :flower:

I'm almost a year PP and it's yet to come back! :shrug:

Wow, I never expected it to take that long! At least we aren't planning to try for another baby until DS is at least 20 months old. I really hope that they start regulating before then though. I suppose that I don't have anything to worry about if I wean him at a year, but am worried for if I end up deciding that I want to do extended breastfeeding. :wacko:

9 months for me, I've got friends who had it come back sooner, & some later. Although I wasn't really regular for a good few months after that, I do have mild PCOS so that probably didn't help!

My LO wasn't wanting fed so much around 9 months & I thought that was probably why it came back. Though that's just my theory!

10 months with my first son and 6 WEEKS with my second son. So not fair.

Depends on a number of things really

-Frequency of feeding
-Supplementation/solids
-Night feeds (11pm-6am)
-Pumping

Some women have no periods even just nursing morning and night - Others get it back as soon as night feeds drop/reduce - Others once starting introducing solids.

I can sorta comment, but not really.. My son is 7 months old and I haven't gotten my period yet. The first 3 months I was just pumping because he was in the NICU and then 6 weeks postpartum I got the IUD which can stop your periods, so I don't know if breastfeeding has kept my period away, or if it's the IUD!

Exclusively breastfed both: after my first it came back 3 months pp and after my second 2 months pp. if varies so much, will be hard to predict when it will come for you.

12 weeks PP, I was still feeding on demand and at least 3 times overnight.

The mean is about 36 weeks/9 months, apparently, but the normal range is huge so if you want to wear your granny pants, start now but you might still be wearing them in 2 years :rofl:. If it helps, I felt crampy for the week before it came back, like normal PMT but a bit worse.

I haven't had AF back yet so can't comment on me but my best friend only had the :witch: return once she stopped nursing at 7 months. Just make sure you've got some supplies in just in case. Lol.

I would just watch for signs of AF, but unfortunately the only symptom I ever had pre-baby was sore boobs (so that obviously doesn't help as they're sore when they're full) and it wasn't always that way either, just within the last year before I had DS. I don't know if I will be able to expect the same symptoms anyway as they've changed before. I've never had menstrual cramps either. :shrug:

Mine came back yesterday 8.5 weeks pp :( I had my 8 week check yesterday ands I mentioned it to her and she said that it's normal and breastfeeding doesn't necessarily keep af away unfortunately :(

im also one of the unlucky ones as af returned at 8 weeks pp and then and 16 weeks then every 28 days on the dot. I use to have a 30 day easy cycle and could never tell when i was ovulating, not i cane tell exactly when I'm ovulating as it is so painful for a day or two and its always switching sides. Our daughter only feeds once at night around 12pm if at all and then not again till 7-8am now.

Hubby and i are going to be ntnp for #2 in 2 months so will see how it goes.

My boys are 9.5 months old and I nurse one during the day and pump once before bed. I am on the mini pill and still haven't had a period!

I just got mine 5 months on the dot. I was so bummed but DS had been STTN the past few nights. I'm thinking that is why. This also means u could possibly be O on Valetines day lol and my 30th birthday vacation. Makes me nervous because I'm not on BC. I'm going to make an appt ASAP.

My LO is 6 months and still no AF.

I got my first when LO was 13.5 months. I then didn't get my seconds until he was 15 months (at the moment!), so it's irregular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->