• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

When did BLW get introduced ??

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Im curious as no one I know has done it, even those whose babies are 1/2 years old, some haven't heard of it (I only have as I went to postnatal and weaning class at my sure start centre)

I feel that I am going to be the first !!!!

The book by Gill Rapley was published in 2008, although she'd obviously been discussing her ideas before then. The actual act of feeding your baby real foods is no doubt much older than so called 'traditional' weaning.

It's amazing how quickly people are taking it on board though. I've known a few people who've decided to do it with their own children after seeing Alice eating that way.

I did baby-led weaning with my son in 2008 before Gill Rapley's book was published, so it wasn't unheard of even then. That was on the advice of a doctor too! "Traditional weaning" is a fairly recent idea and only really took off in the post-war years with the decline in breastfeeding and the earlier weaning due to sub-standard formula milks.

The name "Baby Led Weaning" is very recent, but feeding babies in this manner came way before "purees" was invented!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"