When did breastfeeding get easier for you?

MelliPaige

Leo's Mommy
Reaction score
Right now, if he's awake he wants to nurse..he's rooting in his sleep right now after eating for 3 straight hours. I know he got mp more than enough that side is still leaking like crazy..I need some hope that this is going to get easier and I will be able to enjoy more than just his eyes.

No help really but just wanted to say I can sympathise. My little one feeds the whole time he is awake. I literally can't do a thing, my hubby is having to make all my food, drinks, look after our 2yr old..not nice feeling so useless! And to make it worse after me feeding him every time he asks for it, he's still not even at his birth weight :( talk about disheartening xxxx

I'm no help but I do sympathise. My dd2 is the same age and wanting to feed all night. It's been worse since dh has been in hospital coz I've been away from her in the day and she wants to make up for it at night. Tonight dd1 is also awake and upset for some reason. Exhausted doesn't even cover it. But let's hope it does improve really quickly for all our sakes. Probably it's growth spurts but who knows

There's a big growth spurt at 3-4 weeks. (And another at 6) Your baby is laying down all your milk stores and telling your body to make the milk. The first few weeks are tough all baby wants to do is feed, but the more you feed the quicker you will get through this part. If baby's rooting in their sleep put them to your breast. In my experience avoiding giving the breast even just for baby to comfort suckle actually extends the growth spurt! Keep at it and enjoy the cuddles. My little boy is now 16 weeks, is going longer between each feed and feeds are much shorter. I would say breastfeeding has been easy for about a month and half but it wasn't hard until that point it gradually got easier and easier. We have days where all he wants is booby but I enjoy those days as he just wants to play now rather than cuddle! Lol!
Also skin to skin helps sooo much, it's not just for bringing your milk in in the first week you should regularly give skin to skin time at that age.

You can do it x

First 6 weeks where the hardest, by 8 weeks I saw a small improvement and by 12 weeks it was much better with much shorter feeding times. In the the early weeks I'd often spent all day on the sofa just feeding and my hubby had to make sure that I had plenty of food and drink to hand. It does pass

It will change, they will feed less often. It took 3.5months for me, but usually less for others.

I noticed things were significantly easier after 6 weeks. Fewer and shorter feeds overall. Good luck!

3 months is when I can truly say things are much easier. It is not issue free but now that I got here I don't want to go back. I've lowered my expectations a lot and feel very content. It's okay if it feels like you're constantly feeding the baby and other people are constantly helping you. It's the way it should be. My baby is a slow eater so that's the way it had to be for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->