When did I ovulate (pics)

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
So I should start by saying I'm currently WTT, but I am worried about my cycle and need to track it a few times to see if I do indeed have an issue. I have rather short cycles that are usually 25 days, but have been as short as 21. I was told that there is a possibility that I could have a luteal phase defect if I ovulate close to when I actually get AF.

So ladies, I'm totally new to this, can you tell me on which day I ovulated? I tracked 5 days starting at CD 9 and ending on CD 13 (today). All taken around the same time each day.

Attachments

• LH CD9.jpg
    LH CD9.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1
  • LH CD 10.jpg
    LH CD 10.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 3
  • LH CD 11.jpg
    LH CD 11.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 3
  • LH CD 12.jpg
    LH CD 12.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 5
  • LH CD 13.jpg
    LH CD 13.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2
by your opks, i would say either cd 12 or 13, but your chart suggests otherwise. you can get pos opks without o'ing. i would say keep using your opks and bd'ing. if you didn't o, your body will most likely try again within a couple days. gl!!!! :flower:

I'm not sure my temps can really be used at this point...

I was using a regular digital thermometer and it would give me 3 different temps if I tested 3 times. On Friday July 20th, I started using an actual basal thermometer and it didn't fluctuate every time I took my temp.

oh okay. well, just going on opks, i would say either late cd 12 or early cd 13.

OK cool, that's pretty much what I was thinking but I wanted to get some opinions. :)

Almost. We're thinking next spring/summer, but after I got the scare that I may have too short of a luteal phase, I decided to check it out. I'm just hoping I have a short cycle and ovulate early vs. what the phone apps and online calendars predict. Just judging from this (and this was my first time using opks), I'm probably in the clear. Its looking like I have a 12 or 13 day luteal phase, not the 9 or 10 that I was afraid of.

good that you're getting on top of things now. ttc threw all kinds of things our way that we never expected!

Yeah, I just saw a good friend of mine go through almost a full 12 months trying and they finally conceived in May. I never really gave it much thought that I could have trouble, and never did they. So when they did, it sort of got stuck in my head and then the whole luteal phase popped up and got me worried. And I'm the type of person that I want to know now, and then have a plan for it. Or at least attempt to. lol My friend actually used the First Response opks and they truly believe that's what helped them get pregnant.

i bought a cbfm and loved it! i think some form of o prediction is necessary if you want things to happen quickly.

So my temp is going up and down....

What is the more reliable way to determine ovulation? Temping, opks, etc.? Is it possible to have a positive opk and not ovulate? Very confusing...:wacko:

ETA - would my temp this morning be influenced because I was tossing and turning for the last 30-40 mins. in bed before taking my temp? A certain somebody was snoring and I was trying to catch a few more Zzzzz.

temping is the most accurate at-home way to tell if you're o'ing. it is possible to get positive opks and not ovulate. also, tossing and turning/not sleeping well/sleeping with your mouth open and a number of other factors can influence your bbt reading. and you're right...until you get the hang of it, it's super confusing and can be really frustrating, but i'll gladly answer any other questions you have if i can. :)

Wow, crazy. How can you get a positive opk but not be ovulating? Should I just continue to use the strips and see if I get another spike? Or do you think that's pointless at this point?

sometimes you have a surge, but your body struggles to release an egg. the good news is, your body usually tries again within a few days. keep using the opks and temping. if you didn't o, you'll likely get another positive soon.

OK, that sounds good. I'm assuming that if I keep testing and I don't get another +opk, then I can assume I just did my temp wrong, or there was some error? lol I knew I should have had a basal therm. from the beginning....

Thanks again!

yeah- and if your chart doesn't work out this month, you'll get to start fresh next cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->