When did u change ur pram from carrycot to pushchair mode?!

Mantha

Mummy to Lewis :) x
Reaction score
Im thinking of changing my pram from carrycot to pushchair mode. Not sure if its too early or not though, his only two and a half month old. But he really likes having a look around lol his very nosey!! Ive got the mothercare spin, so not sure if he might be alittle to small for it just yet.

Just wondering when u all changed yours?! xxx

like the poster above said they need to be 6 months before they can so we're waiting til then to change to pushchair :flower:

He would probably have some trouble staying sat up if you changed him down and it would put pressure on his spine that wouldn't be good. We still haven't switched LO to pushchair mode because OH thinks she would look funny because she's small.

I would hold off till ay least 6 months Hun it's not good for them to be in the sitting position too long at that age.

Eva is 5 and half months now and it's a tight squeeze fr her in her pram now but guna try hold out changing it fr another few wks.

It's better as a carrycot mode in cold weathe I reckon anyway it's more snug and sheltered from the cold and wind etc.

;-)

If the Spin puschair can go into a flat position and it is marketed as being ok from birth then you can use it now. Some puschairs are ok from birth as they have more head support, etc and can go into flatter position. Many aren't as they provide no baby support.

Our cat peed in our travel system. We tried everything to remove the smell with little effect so we bought a new puschair yesterday. It is suitable from birth with extra support for the head, neck and body, 5 point harness and reclines.

I wouuld check the aps for your Spin :thumbup:

We have a babystyle oyster and we have just put Melody in the pushchair bit and she is four months. We have it layed all the way back which is about as forward as her bouncy chair and she is still facing me and she loves it, as she can see all that is going on. She was beginning to hate her carrycot and now she just smilies watching the world go by. Definatly the right choice for us.

We have the Spin. The instructions say not to put baby in until 6 months. x

We switched after 6 months but true my lo harted being flat so when we went on holiday and he was 5 months we used the maxi cosi attatchment and he loved that and it was a great inbetween to go from carrycot to pushchair :)

They recommend 6 months but my LO looks like she'll grow out of hers by 4 months.. That's iCandys for you.

Argh... :( I've not had robyn in her pushchair, but she is pretty much always in the carseat attachment as its easier to go from the car to the chassis. I'm really worried now! :(

I pop into town (no more than 20 mins all in) with Jaime in her pushchair now - it's a squash having her in the carrycot bit and she can't kick her legs or move properly as she's a pretty long baby.

She's quite happy in the chair - I have it laid as far back as it will go, but she can still see what's going on. I wouldn't do it for longer than that though. If I go on long shopping trips or walks etc I tend to carry her or go at naptimes so she won't mind that she can't see what's going on.

Does anyone have a small baby around the age of mine and have them sitting up in the push chair? Mine is just over 14lbs and 25 inches long. We think she would look too little though.

sophia hates being led down while we are out so she is in the pushchair part of her pram facing me but when she goes to sleep her seat lay completly flat so i put it fat while she is asleep and as soon as she wakes up she is put upright again. (shes a very nosy baby)

We've got the mamas & papas pliko pramette and have just put LO into the forward facing 'pushchair' - although it does still lay completely flat. We have her sitting up very slightly while she's awake then lay her completely flat when she goes off to sleep.
I wouldn't have put her forward facing if it didn't lay completely flat xx

Ive just swapped my pram for a pushchair...the silver cross pop stroller (suitable from birth though as it does lie flat) but I have her sitting up in that...shes a few days off 6 months old...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hollie200
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->