When did/will you put your baby in their own room?

angelic_one

Just me & my monkey <3
Reaction score
Just out of interest? I know the advice is 6 months but most of the Mum's I know are doing it at 3 or 4 months, which surprised me. I guess I'll know when the time is right for us. But I just wondered when people moved their babies or are thinking of moving them, and why you decided on doing so?

We moved LO into his own room a week before he was 5 months. I felt I was jumping up everytime he made a noise, he was fully wakening up because of me getting up then he thought it was playtime as I was awake. I did try putting him in his own room at 3 months... that lasted 10 minutes as he was sick everywhere and it scared me to death so he came straight back in wth us.

Florrie was almost 7 months. We moved her as her sleeping was getting worse. It's not improved much now she's in the nursery though!

I moved G into her room about a week before she was 6 months. Best thing I ever did, she slept through the night from then on. I just kept a monitor next to her cot and one next to my bed so I could hear her if she did wake up

5 weeks!! He outgrew his basket and there was nowhere for the cot.

Best decision as we've all stopped waking each other up and Evan started sleeping longer and no goes through the night

We'll probably go for 6 months as recommended...it's going to be a bit of a squeeze in our bedroom though once we need to put a cot in there!!

Last Saturday (just 5 months). I wish we hadn't bothered! He's stopped sleeping through now! :(
xx

6 months. He didnt sleep through or sleep well but we knew it was time because we'd all wake each other up. Lo would wake up with hubbys snoring, i'd wake up panicking lo sounded snuffly/to check him constantly, hubby would wake up because i was awake.

Lo doesn't sleep through all the time but it's got better.xxx

LO was just over 6 months old. She sleeps MUCH better in her own room.

we put oliver in his room a at 4 1/2 months as he outgrew his moses basket and there was no room for his cot bed in our room.

6 months. We all sleep better for it too! If I had known that sooner I would have done it earlier

Lily is still in with us at 10 months! To be honest I would be happy for her to move into her own room now but my oh keeps making excuses, I think if he had his way he'd have both the girls in our room and me on the sofa lol!

Lo is still in our room at 6 months and we have no plans on moving him any time soon, we hope to keep him with us till a year before moving to the nursery.

I'll be putting him in his room no earlier than 6 months. I'll wait longer if he isn't ready yet.
I know lotss of people who did it early as well though

5 days ago. lol So just before she turns 7 months. We were cosleeping but wasn't working out anymore, we were all waking each other up.
Wished we done it sooner! :)

Leni is 6 months and i would prefer not to put him in his own room for a very long time yet. We co-sleep full time and i would prefer him in bed with us.

You will just know yourself hun when the time is right to put LO in their own room.I put Michael in his own room when he was about 3 months old.He grew outta his mosses basket and we had no room for the cot in our room.It was the best thing I have ever done by moving Michael to his own roon.Thats when he started sleeping 12 hours a night and sleeping right through.xxx

We used to co-sleep but had to put Emily down in her cot after I had a few drinks one night and she went down so well it seemed a shame to bring her back into our bed..I miss her but at least its a co-sleeping cot though! She still goes down well at night, but will only sleep on me in the day, so i still get lots of snuggles!

Aria has outgrown her moses but her cot would never fit in our bedroom. I dont want to move her yet though so not sure what we'll do.

She STTN and i'm also concerned that moving her will make her start waking again but now I am also beginning to notice she wakes herself when she hits the sides of her moses basekt or our bed creeks. She self settles again but I dont know....so be continued.

xxx

OH keep's mentioning moving her over, I put it off though. It'll be when I feel ready I think :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->