When did/will you tell people?

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
It's early days, but planning on telling my mum/inlaws when I get to 6 weeks.

Will probably tell dd1(shes 8)youngest is only 2, so will try explain when u get a bump, and everyone else after the 12 week scan.

What about you ladies?

I've told ppl and now I'm regretting it since I might loose my little one... :( ughhh so stupid. oh well, I'm just bout to be 8 weeks.. it is really up to you :) good luck hun!!! I found out at just 3 weeks too, and I feel like this is taking FORREEVVVERRR!!!

I've told ppl and now I'm regretting it since I might loose my little one... :( ughhh so stupid. oh well, I'm just bout to be 8 weeks.. it is really up to you :) good luck hun!!! I found out at just 3 weeks too, and I feel like this is taking FORREEVVVERRR!!!

Oh no, hope everything's ok honey :hugs:

Sure you'll be fine

Both pregnancies I told right away. I am AWFUL at keeping secrets and everyone knows we've been trying to have a baby for years. If I end up losing it, everyone that knows will know anyway so what's the harm. I will not formally announce on fb until after the first trimester, just to be on the safe side. But everyone that I talk to on a daily basis basically knows already.

Hey I'm also planing on telling everyone after my 12th week scan.. although I already told my mom n sister :p

Because we had to do donor IVF in Czech republic a handful of people already know. Once I begin to show, I'll tell people. I just feel like so much can happen and it's better to wait till the bump comes through. I'd hate for everyone to know I mc'd or had a stillborn.

I told my parents and sister. Dh's family doesn't know yet. I will probably tell them and announce on facebook at 12 weeks.

At the moment DH and I, his brother and my sister are the only ones who know. We have a scan next week at just over 9 weeks, and my proper booking in scan two weeks later. If I can persuade DH to wait id like to tell people after our 12 week scan but he really wants to tell people on tues after the viability scan. I wouldn't mind so much but his family can't keep a secret so if they know then the world knows too!!

We told close family at 8 weeks as it was Christmas and we'd had an early scan.

We've told a few close friends since so I could explain behaviour and one even guessed!

Everyone else will be told this weekend at 12 weeks.

I've told my mom because I need her support through the anxiety of the first trimester, and she was so supportive and great to lean on through all of our losses.

We'll probably wait until my birthday (March 29th) when I'll be nearly 14 weeks to announce on facebook and stuff. :happydance:

We've told my parents, OH dad and 3 close friends. Everyone else will know next week after our scan including our almost 8 year old (assuming everything is well). If it isn't then the people we would want to support us will know and no-one else has to. Pretty similar to last time round except OH mum knew as well but we had a scan at 6 weeks due to bleeding just before we were driving to spend some holiday time with our families and wanted to tell them face to face.

With my first two, everyone knew when I did (6 weeks basically).

With this current pregnancy I decided at the beginning I might like to wait and see how long I could hold out. I had this idea that we would wait until people started wondering if I was just getting fat or if there was something else going on....lol.

But at 12 weeks we announced it. DH insisted that our kids had the right to know first, and they told the close family. Everyone else was advised by text (simply because they could all be told at the same time and then no-one got their knickers in a knot over being the last to know).

I've got to say it was hard work keeping it to ourselves! But I did enjoy the "our little secret" time it afforded DH and I.

My family know, his mum knows. Everyone else will be told at 11+3, all being well with the "12 week" scan.

We will tell some close friends at just 7 weeks because I'm due to go to the spa with her the week after. If something happens I'm fine that they know. We'll tell everyone else (including parents ) after scan at 12 weeks fingers crossed. But will tell two Good friends who are undergoing ivf first thrn other friends. Although I'm so tempted to tell one of my nct friends from baby one now!

We told moms and dads very early, the rest of the family at 8 weeks and we were going totell Facebook and friends after 12 weeks but I got impatient and announced it around 9 weeks :) also I Todd my Co workers and boss around 5 weeks as I had some bleeding.

Told my mum immediately as I wanted her support. And hubby once it had stuck for a few days. Haven't told anyone else yet, not sure I can be bothered just yet, maybe in a few weeks when I've got more energy lol :flower:

We were planning on telling family after my scan at 9 weeks but it just popped out to my mum so we then told me dad and sister and my OH's mum dad and sister, close other family will be after 9 week scan and everyone else after 12 weeks

I'm feeling the exact same.. I told my hubby (he's a given!), and my mom and mom-in-law as soon as I got a positive blood test.. my mom in law then told my sis-in-law... and now my brother knows... ugh, I am regretting it so much right now. I should've just kept shut until 13 weeks or something. I don't even know anymore what week I'm in, have my first appt tomorrow so I'll know how far along i am! I am scared about m/c's..

Try to hold the news till 12 weeks but then again it's up to you!! :)

My family know, his mum knows. Everyone else will be told at 11+3, all being well with the "12 week" scan.

Oh, and a hedgehog breeder friend knows... :haha: I wanted to know if it was still safe to hold her and clean her out :blush:

We are 4 weeks pregnant and we've told a few friends because they knew we were trying and are pregnant themselves. :) We get our first sonogram and appointment on 2/6 and are planning to tell our parents around Valentine's Day. As for everyone else, I am not sure when we are going to announce, maybe in the second trimester?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->