When did/will you tell people?

We told local family as soon as we knew as they all knew we were trying. I told my boss so that she wouldn't question additional doctor visits. The plan was to wait for my birthday on 3/11 to tell everyone else. I will be 13-2 then. Some additional people that I work with have figured it out due to my diet change, and now the beginning of morning sickness. Not sure how much longer it will be a secret here..lol. The rest of the family may be told after our first apt on Feb 18th but Facebook will definitely wait until my birthday.

I told my hubby immediately, and 2 days after my BFP I ran a marathon with my dad. I wasn't going to tell him as I was trying to hold out to tell him and my mom together (she's out of town and actually gets back this Friday) but around mile 12 I gave in and told him. I wanted him to understand why I was having to stop and pee a lot lol.

We plan to tell my mom this weekend, so I'll be 6 weeks. I also plan to tell my good friend who I talk to about everything after I tell my mom. Then we are going to hold out until our 8 week appt and maybe tell a few more friends and hubby's parents. 12 weeks we plan to do the big fb announcement. :)

I found out I was pregnant on New Years Day. After taking 100 test my husband and I couldn't tell our families fast enough. Both sides of the family are well aware along with a few (I mean very few) close friends. I go to my first dr appointment next Wednesday, I plan on announcing it sometime after that to all of our friends and extended family. I know everyone suggest waiting until after your first trimester but come on, keeping this a secret for a month is hard enough. I think the first dr appointment is fine as long as everything seems good :)

I told everyone the moment I found out. I miscarried my first pregnancy, and I felt that I would need the support of everyone I love to get through this one. So I was 3wks and 4 days when I told people.

I told DH the day I found out as it was his birthday and close family a week later! My kids don't know (DS is nearly 5 and dd is 1 so she won't understand) but it's a long time to wait for my son. Had my 12wk scan Monday and still haven't done the Facebook announcement just because I don't feel like it yet. But if people ask I will tell them xx

At the moment DH and I, his brother and my sister are the only ones who know. We have a scan next week at just over 9 weeks, and my proper booking in scan two weeks later. If I can persuade DH to wait id like to tell people after our 12 week scan but he really wants to tell people on tues after the viability scan. I wouldn't mind so much but his family can't keep a secret so if they know then the world knows too!!

I've told my mum and dad. Dh agreed to this as like u.. His family would tell everyone and know before the day is over. We are going to tell them next but it won't be til 12 weeks scan as ive been having bleeding. Plus there is another baby on the way that his family know about and a baby that has just been born so they've bough to keep them occupied. When we tell them then well tell friends, other family and work.

Ill start telling people after my 12 week scan I reckon, although I didn't until almost 20weeks last time around because i am sooo paranoid.
xx

with my son I facebook announced after a 9 week scan

This time I'm having a scan at 11+3 and I will announce it then. Close family already know.

I told dh on the day. And my best friend a few days after.
I told mil as we were going out and I felt poorly.
I'll tell all other family, close friends and colleagues after our scan which will be 31st or after.
I don't think I'll Facebook announce til 20 weeks like I did before. I put my scan picture as my profile picture and that was it.
Xx

Best friends and immediate family - As soon as we found out
Extended family, work friends, boss - After out 7 1/2 week scan where we saw a heartbeat
The general office and Facebook - After our NT scan at 12 1/2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->