When did you become baby mad? x

kate.m.

Mummy to Travis
Reaction score
As the title says- when did you become baby mad (Presuming, of course, that you are!)? Was there anything that changed?

I was never into babies- never even had a doll! Met my hubby at 6th form (we've been together 8 n a half years now) and, at first, I didnt really think much about babies or marriage- even tho i knew we'd always be together. I figured, if we're gonna b together forever, does it really matter when/ how long it takes us to get married? We waited till i'd finished uni, then bought a house straight away, then 2 years down the line from that, we started planning the wedding. Now all i can think about is babies!!!

I think ive been baby mad since we hit the 2 year mark (wow!!! Thats means ive been officially insane for about 6 years now!!!!)- maybe because then i was sure of how right our relationship was? I dont think its an age thing. I think that once you know you've met THAT person, your body automatically tells you to want babies- no matter what age you are! And its a very strong desire to try and ignore. Its even worse trying to explain that desire to someone who isnt in a similar situation. It doesnt matter how old i am, or what i have/havent done with my life, or what restrictions babies bring- i know that me and hubby would b excellent parents- and its frustrating having to wait!

Iv allways been the one who look's after every one's kids and have been broody for years!!!! like 3.

Hey
For me i knew i always wanted to be a mommy. i remember when i was at school when i was in year 5/6 and a teacher asked what i wanted to be when i was older, i said 'mommy'. although i knew i wanted to be a teacher too! lol. When i met my OH it was about a year or so ago i starting thinking about families and babies lol and then ever since we have got serious about house hunting it got worse, now we have had our offer on a house accepted it even worse! lol i just want one!!!!
xx

I knew that I always wanted to have children, but since I met OH things feel so right... like, I'm not a big 'fate' kind of person but we just fit so well together - & I want a child with him, a family with him... :)
So I guess that's when I became baby mad... coz I want a mini OH/Katie :)

I'm not really!! I always knew I would want a family one day, it was just a case of when I would meet someone who I would want to have one with.

When I met my wonderful man, from day one I knew I had done that and it has just been a natural progression from there really. We are doing all we can to get ourselves in the best possible sitution to start trying for our first baby in the next year or so and it will be wonderful when, and if, it happens.

xxx

I started having baby fever (as my hubby calls it) shortly after we were married. That was a little over 3 years ago. At first it was a pregnancy scare - I was on BCPs and I just wasn't feeling right for some reason. I had tingling down in my lower abdomen, and thought I might be pregnant. Obviously it turns out I wasn't - the doctor found I had an ovarian cyst which cleared itself up. I was actually disappointed that I wasn't pregnant!

From that time forward I've been wanting a baby, but we put it off to try and get our finances in line and pay off some debt. I also have anxiety, so between that and everything else, we've put it off for a few years, but now here we are! :laugh:

Having a big family full of beautiful babies, and now meeting the man of my dreams has turned me in to a full blown baby nutter. I hide it well! xxx

I never ever wanted babies. It was only in November, when me and OH started talking seriously about being together for ever, and when my best friend had a baby that I went crazy!! I've settled down a bit now, but I still have that burning desire to have a baby growling away inside.

xxxx

probably since i was 16 or so. I've been obsessed with them. Even before that, they fascinated me. Probably the reason i'm studying to be a midwife/WTT hahaha

I became baby mad when I had a pregnancy scare last September when AF was 2 weeks late. I was terrified and prayed I wasn't preg, then AF showed up and I was actually sad! I started to believe I was preg so it grew on me.

So I've been baby crazy since then :blush: Ironically when my husband was ready, I wasn't, and now that I'm ready, he wants to wait :rofl:

Me and My OH got engaged in february 2008 - and my SIL became pregnant right after we announced the date of our wedding (they werent planning on getting married until October 08) - ever since then Ive had baby fever! Because Im the oldest.. so is my OH and we really wanted to have the first grandbabies on both sides!

mines been since i miscarriaged last year, really broody and know i want to wait till after the wedding next october then start ttc after!!! :)

I hated the idea of kids and marriage until OH told me he loved me for the first time and everything fell in to place. We went to London when we had been together for about 6 months and he told me he wanted to marry me (didn't propose though) and when we moved into our own place I became totally desperate and baby and marriage crazy. OH is a bit more reserved, he has always wanted kids but he knows that we can't do the best as parents now so he's taking the mature decision to wait until we are more secure. He really is brilliant (although I'm biased, he just rang me up and he's getting me some feminax tablets for me, he's so sweet :D) and I know as horrible as it is that when the time is right that we will be wonderful parents and we will be better for having waited.

Sorry I'm writing alot today, in the house alone so a bit lonely :(

xxx

I always knew I wanted kids but didn't become baby mad until I met DH. He has littles neices and nephews and I started to get broody as I spent more time with them. Then we got a couple of babies in our extended family/friends and now I'm baby mad!

Well, personally, I've always loved babies. When my sisters would have their babies, I'd play with them, hold them, feed them. I'd even change diapers for my sisters! Haha. But I never really became baby 'mad' until my now boyfriend and I had our first scare. I was madly crazy over him and secretly would look in the mirror and imagine having a little bump. It drove me crazy! After that I symptom spotted EVERY time I was expecting my period. Even if I knew it was unlikely I was pregnant. We've had a scare or two since then and every time the baby fever gets worse. I'm going to jump for joy the day we decide to actually try for one!!

i go through phases... one time when i was around 15
then ever since i got together with my boy, since i was 19.
but then we couldn't bc we were both still in uni etcetc
it was REALLY bad when i was around 21/22, i wanted it more than anything
but we just couldn't at that time in our life...
now it seems i've been obsessed with it for sooo long... that i no longer am...
i honestly feel my time to have babies has passed (which is silly, i'm only 23)

I have always wanted kids and a family. I have been thinking about kids in the past year or so but not really set on anything. I have a great great guy and we have talked about having kids but nothings really been too serious. He's always joked anytime I've gotten the flu or a bug of some sort that I might be.
I went to the doc for cramping last month and she told me I was pregnant. After that I was suppose to stop at the store to get somethings for dinner and ended up buying fleece to make a baby blanket. The next day I went in to the doc to make sure everything was as it was suppose to be and they told me it was a ectopic. Ever since then I am baby crazy. Every time I go to a store I find myself looking at baby things wishing I was able to buy something for my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->