When did you drop a bottle?

madisonsmum

Reaction score
Hi,

I have started weaning my son and he is currently on 2 meals a day, as of Saturday it will be 3 meals a day.

I have Annabel Karmel's book and in week 3 of weaning its showing that you can/should? drop a bottle at lunch time and replace it with water or diluted juice.

He currently has 5 bottles a day between 5/7ozs.

What did you do? what would you recommend?

I never dropped any of Hannah's bottles, she kind of did it on her own....

Im having the same dilemma as you at the moment, Brooke is on 3 meals a day but is still having 5 bottles aswell.

I want her to drop one on her own but give her a nudge in the right direction ... its just choosing which bottle to drop :confused:

Hope you manage to sort something

I was thinking of dropping the 12pm bottle, but do you eplace it with the same amount in water? or less?

I would think less, offer as much as LO wants though I doubt it'd be nearly as much as a milk feed. Hannah takes a few sips of water at most throughout the day

Chloe dropped her own, one day she had her lunch and just refused her milk and that was it!

Jasmine was having 6 huge bottles up until 6 months when she finally started having less... It was frustrating because she has rreflux and all that fluid was making it worse im sure... She still has 30+oz a day.

I've cut down on how much I put in each bottle for Stanley. He was having 5 8oz bottles a day, I've cut that down to 6oz bottles and he's just recently dropped a bottle himself so he's down to 4 in total.

katie's only just dropped a bottle. she's been on 3 meals a day for ages and was on 5 8oz bottles a day too! i'd just leave it up to baby. i know AK books are great for recipes and stuff, but i think with thinks like, you should be doing this by then are crap and you should just leave it up to LO!xx

Elliot's naturally reduced his milk intake himself.

He had three 7oz bottles a day now, but he only had 4 before-i just cut out the one at tea time as he didn't really need it.

I have just recently dropped aidens lunch time bottle so he is now on 3x8oz bottles a day (morning, tea time && nighttime) he is on 3 meals a day too. My h.v said that by the time he is 8 months he should only be on 2 bottles a day (morning && nighttime) but i go with aiden && he dropped his lunchtime bottle himself as his food intake increased xx

two bottles at 8 months? i don't know many people who have dropped down to two at that stage :)

ATM we are just dropping oz's per solid feed, and she seems fine doing that. When we start protein next month, im hoping one will be on its way.

My Lo dropped his own bottles as his food intake increased. I found that when he was eating he was only using the bottle as a drink and so starting putting less in it. Eventually he didn't want it at all, and by 12mths he wasn't using bottles at all and was on a beaker. A friend of mines LO was still taking a bottle at bedtime when she was 15mths. I'd say let your LO guide you as they are all different.

I was really concerned because she was taking solids and still a lot of milk, but she has dropped it naturally by herself. I personally wouldn't cut a bottle myself, I'd just let them have what they want. They won't drink it if they don't need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->