When did you first feel baby move

stir crazy

mother of 4 expecting 5th
Reaction score
Hi ladies,as the title says, when did you first feel baby move? This is my 4th pregnancy im 9+2 and im sure im feeling baby move already its a very low bubbley feeling(its not wind lol). With my first pregnancy i didnt feel much till around 15/16 weeks, my second 12 weeks and my third 11 weeks. Whats the earliest you have felt movements xx

The earliest I have felt movement is 14/15 weeks and that was with my 2nd pregnancy.

That's incredible to feel movements so early on. Lovely!

I first felt flutters and bubbles with my first at about 15 weeks. DH felt one kick for the first time on the outside at 18 weeks but it took a while before either of us could feel them on the outside regularly. Not felt anything with this one yet but I'm not expecting to for a while yet. My sister who is about 8 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy still hasn't felt movement. I guess it totally depends on so many factors: weight, baby's movement, how in tune you are etc. Can't wait to start feeling this one move!

Thank you for your reply ladies x.
See i was thinking may be its because im a lot slimmer now. I was a uk size 22 when i had my daughter 10 years ago,with my third and this pregnancy im a size 14 so may be ? Lol
Xx

I didn't feel flutters with my girls (both of which had anterior placentas) until 16-18 weeks. Both of my sons I felt at 13 weeks. I swear I'm feeling this baby already, even though most people tell me I'm too early, but after four pregnancies I can tell the difference between gas and movement.

My earliest was 13 weeks with my second, felt like a marble rolling about!

I didn't feel flutters with my girls (both of which had anterior placentas) until 16-18 weeks. Both of my sons I felt at 13 weeks. I swear I'm feeling this baby already, even though most people tell me I'm too early, but after four pregnancies I can tell the difference between gas and movement.

I've been getting small flutterings, like literally the smallest little tickle you can imagine and I'm pretty sure its the baby. I always thought other women were imagining it when they said they could feel it so early, but there's nothing else this could be. It's not gas, so I'm not sure what else it could be.

Also, I'm not exactly sure how far along I am as I haven't had my scan yet. That's on Thursday, so there's a possibility that I'm further along than I think I am.

I felt the first hint of a poke from within from Thomas at 16 weeks, the same from Sophie st 15 weeks, and 14 weeks with Emma. With Emma I was a size 16 down from a 26 and we could see and feel her movements easily from the outside at 16 weeks which was cool!

I am not sure it would be possible to feel a baby at 9 weeks, they just don't have the weight or strength etc to make themselves felt.

Felt my first at 13.5 weeks, my second at 12.5 weeks and this baby at 11.5 weeks. You definitely do get to recognise that feeling and even when it’s really small movements you pick it up earlier next time. That said, if we have a fourth I’m not sure if it’s possible to feel much earlier than 11 weeks, they are so tiny and have the tiniest limbs before then. But then again it weirds me out that you could have something moving inside you for a few weeks and not feel it! Creepy parasites, they are. :lol:

I sometimes feel like popping and always think ohhhh could it be? But think no it can’t be it must be wind! But I’m really not sure! I can’t wait to start feeling proper movements though :cloud9:

I definitely felt flutters with both my previous pregnancies from about 10-11 weeks. It was always when I was quiet and lying down in bed.

I’m 12+2, and I’ve been feeling baby since Saturday. Thought it was gas or I was imagining it, until I had an ultrasound and felt it exactly when baby decided to bounce around. This is my second pregnancy. Midwife says it’s possible from around 11 weeks if you’re intune with your body :)

With my first pregnancy I didn't feel anything until 20 weeks. My second I felt the first flutters about 15 weeks. My third I felt movement about 9 weeks and I'm waiting to feel this one moving x

With my first at around 18 weeks and my second at 10 weeks!

Early flutters with my oldest at 14 weeks, first real movement was 16 weeks. Second baby, early flutters were at 10 weeks with first full movement at 17 weeks.

First baby nothing until 16 weeks, this baby around 9 weeks, definitely wiggles at 11-12 weeks and kicks from 14 weeks. They were very inconsistent, still are really. I’ve had 3 quiet days followed by lots of movement today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->