When did you first feel your baby move?

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
This is my second, I'm 13 weeks.. I swear I keep feeling some very faint flutters! Is this possible? :shrug:

I was feeling my DD move at about 14 weeks.

Sure is! I've been feeling this one since about 8 weeks. 7th pregnancy, 5th baby

Around 11 weeks but very light flutters. It was really early compared to last time when it was 18 weeks.

Yes. this is my second pregnancy and I knew what I was looking for so I was about 13 weeks too x

Sometimes I try to pay attention and I feel like it was possibly the baby, but I then convince myself that it must be gas or imagination or something lol. So I don't know if I have for *real*. I'm at 16w now.

I started feeling flutters at 14 weeks. This is my first, but I have a posterior placenta, so I feel EVERYTHING.

I started feeling flutters at 13 weeks and they kept getting stronger and more frequent. Then, a week ago, I had a scan and when I felt the flutters and jabs, she wasn't actually moving at the time- just totally chilling out!!! I was so confused because it definitely was movement I was feeling!

I talked to the doctor about it and she said that during the early part of second trimester, the increased blood flow to the uterus can make it feel like flutters and pokes, but it's not actual baby movement, just the uterus and cervix spasming and stretching. Normally, first time moms don't even notice it, so I guess I'm pretty darn in tune with my body! Still, I'm a bit disappointed about it, but glad that I know now. She did say that the blood flow and stretching is often what second+ time moms usually feel earlier on and call it movement.

She said the movement that is actual baby movement is usually is impossible to feel before 18 weeks for a first time mom and 16 weeks for a second+ pregnancy. On average, most first time moms feel the baby move around week 21, second time moms, around week 18.

Anyway! I'm not discounting what anyone else is feeling, just putting out there what my doctor said about what happened to me. It was really, really weird to feel a whole bunch of movement during my scan but not see any on the screen- and apparently, it's a pretty common phenomenon!

I didn't feel kicks until 24 weeks! Flutters started around 18 weeks. I have an anterior placenta though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->