• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did you get stretch marks?

MEPride

Reaction score
I'm 27 weeks and no stretch marks yet! *knock on wood*

I've gained about 15 pounds so far and mostly belly but haven't felt the telltale itchy skin or feel like skin is being stretched.

When did you get your first stripe?

With my DD I got a few stretch marks on the underside of each boob around 30 weeks and that was it. This pregnancy I got them on my lower belly at 37 weeks.

Some skin types are not very prone to stretch marks. I have some old faded ones on my boobs from pregnancy and breastfeeding. Mostly my first pregnancy where my boobs went from relatively small to gigantic jugs in the space of a few weeks! :lol:

But my belly has stayed basically clear and stretch mark free. I'm onto my third pregnancy and hoping I escape with no belly stretch marks again.

Mine showed up about 34 weeks. They were all on top of my bump.

lol I had stretch marks before I got pregnant :rofl: on my big African booty. They got waaaay worse late second tri despite daily coconut oil, but nothing on my belly *knock on wood*. I've gained 22lbs thus far and it's been a steady gain. I carry in belly and butt.

I didn't get any with my first. I do get them. I have some on my legs from years ago, but if you gain weight slowly and not loads of it, you often don't get many. I put on about 16-18lbs total with my daughter and it was just really slow and steady. I'm curvy as it is, so not stick thin so I think it all just spread out well everywhere instead of all going to any one bit that got huge. I think that helped.

With my first they didn't appear on my belly until a week after he was born!! Now it's just the same ones getting a bit darker :-(

I've had them since DD1, got worse DD2 and they've never completely gone they went silver, i'm only 16 weeks and they are started to get more pink now. They will only get worse and itchy as they stretch. Using palmer cocoa butter but doesnt really make much difference just eases the itchiness. x

Thanks ladies!! I'm anticipating some stretch marks as I am prone to scarring anyway and already have stretch marks from my adolescence on my inner thighs and hips.

Only time will tell but I hope to get away stripe free on my belly!!

Not until third trimester with all of my pregnancies.

A week after I gave birth to my first! I've not had any with my other two but they were born at 38 and 35w x

I'm 31 weeks and still none. I haven't had any from my two previous successful pregnancies either that both went to around 41 weeks. I use a good moisturiser and try to drink plenty of water/eat well most of the time, but I'm probably just genetically lucky. My bump is less itchy this pregnancy. I'm using a different body butter, or maybe it's just because I've already stretched twice before!

I got my first stretch mark with this pregnancy at 26 weeks :cry:

I'm measuring ahead though by fundal height with a VERY active baby in there and have already put on over 30 lbs. I have no chance lol

I never got stretch marks with my first pregnancy but with my second I got a ton mostly on my lower belly. I think it was around 25-30 weeks when they started to appear.

I'm getting them fast now. My old ones from ds1 are stretching more at the top and becoming red again. No 'new' ones as such though yet

I didn't get any until I was 38 weeks. Then between 38 and 42 weeks i got quite a few :/

None with my first. I genuinely don't know how because every ultrasound towards the end the tech would say my you really are stretched to the limit.
Not sure I'll be as lucky this time.

I got stretch marks with my first two pregnancies which are now very faint. None with my third and none so far this time!

None yet, but I already had silvery stretch marks from rapid weight gain. I'm gaining so slowly right now that I'm guessing the existing stretch marks are doing all the work of stretching.

I didn't get a single one on my belly with my son, even though I'm relatively slim and ended up with a ginormous bump. But I did get them on my boobs and thighs. Think it just totally depends on the woman! I used bio oil all through my pregnancy but I doubt that really helped, when you think about how stretch marks are actually formed then really no amount of rubbing cream/oil on the top layer will help. Can't hurt though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->