• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did you get stretch marks?

I'm 35+3 and haven't gotten any yet. I do have stretch marks on my boobs and hips from puberty, though, so I'm convinced I'll get them at some point.

Not 1 stretch mark in site i with my first, i literally came out of hospital and shrunk back to pre pregnancy with in day. However baby number 2 covered me in stretch marks and it took me a full year to get anywhere near pre prgenancy. I would say no stretch marks yet is a good just keep active eat healthy and mosturise daily thats your best chance of staying that way. x

With my first pregnancy I got them around 28 weeks and with the others it's just been the old ones getting restretched.

With my first I didn't get any until about 32 weeks and then my whole stomach was covered :( they faded over the last 5 years and now I'm pregnant with my second and so far I haven't got any new ones! :) I guess my body already stretched the first time haha!

Thanks ladies!! I'm anticipating some stretch marks as I am prone to scarring anyway and already have stretch marks from my adolescence on my inner thighs and hips.

Only time will tell but I hope to get away stripe free on my belly!!

You never know.. I scar easily (it does eventually fade, but takes quite awhile), and before pregnancy, I had a few stretch marks around the tops of thighs/butt area.
However, I had my son at 39 weeks and 6 days, and the only stretch marks I got was on the sides of thighs/butt - on each side was this little patch of purple stripes. Belly was perfectly stretch mark free. I had a baby on the bigger side too - 8.8 pounds, and I am average height/size.
I don't know if I will get so lucky with the second, as at 15 weeks I am almost as big as what I was with my son at 18/19 weeks.. but here is hoping haha.

I don't know if I believe it actually truly helps, but I regularly moisturised my tummy with my first, and have been doing the same with my second. Can't hurt...

With my DD, I got stretch marks around 36 weeks, all under my bump. Once my daughter was born, you could see them more but as I was all bump (I'm guessing this is the reason), you could only see them under whilst I was pregnant. With this pregnancy, I'm 14 weeks and none yet but I'm expecting them as I seem to be going all bump again.

You're lucky!
I had stretch marks for a couple years before pregnancy. I have them mainly on my sides and lower stomach, and boobs.
I've mostly accepted my fate LOL, but putting lotion/moisturizer on really helps with the itchiness! I use Palmer's, but I've heard Bio Oil is really good too.

I got stretch marks from puberty too

When pregnant with DD1 I didn't get any until the day I went into labour at 41+2 days not sure how that happened Lol ,

DD2 didn't get any new ones and the ones fromDD1 more or less stayed the same. They are going sliver looking now and I hardly notice them.

I am curious as to what baby three will bring pregnancy wise (not currently pregnant ) as both mine have been totally different !!

Good luck with your pregnancy

I didn't get any during my first pregnancy and I'm trying to repeat the success. A lot of moisturising and massaging helps. But the main trick I think is not stopping after delivery and instead continuing this practice until the body gets back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->