When did you get your anatomy scan??

blessmefreya

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Just curious when everyone had their anatomy scans and was able to found out the sex of their baby!?

My doctor told me to go get it done around week 18, but everything I've heard has said 20 weeks is the norm. Has anyone had the scan before 20 weeks and received an accurate gender result? I'm worried they won't be able to see anything at week 18, or that they won't be *sure*. And I would hate to have to go back a second time.

I'm just shy of 15 weeks... the wait is killing me! :D

I believe 18 weeks is usually the earliest they will try, with 20 weeks being optimal. That being said I don't think t here are any guarantees at any point as it depends on baby cooperating about positioning.

I think if positioning is right they should be able to tell you at 18 weeks. I'm worried they won't be able to tell me, even at 20 weeks. I can't remember how many weeks I was with DD, but they said they were 95% certain it was a girl, so we ended up going with all yellows and greens. Hoping for something more definitive this time!

I've had my anatomy scans at 18+6 and 20 weeks exactly. This time it's scheduled for 19+6. That said, they can accurately spot the gender much earlier, by around 15 weeks. I found out at private gender scans at 15 weeks with my last two pregnancies. If there's anything they aren't able to accurately measure, they'll probably have you come back when you're closer to 20 weeks.

I found out my son was a boy at 16 weeks and confirmed at 18.
The only reason we were able to find out is because I have to have ultrasounds every 2 weeks.
They are definitely able to tell at 18 weeks with pretty good certainty as long as baby cooperates.
With my previous 2 babies, I had anatomy scans around 18 weeks and found out genders (girl, then boy) and both were correct.
This time, I don't have my anatomy scan until 22 weeks (no idea why) but we already know he's a boy.

I found out this time I'm having a boy at 15 weeks and was confirmed at 20. My doctor wouldn't even let me schedule my anatomy scan the day at 19+6 he insisted I wait until atleast 20 weeks. But I've heard of others having it a week or two earlier or later

I had mine at 19+2, but I did have a gender scan at 16+2.

Both times I was told I was having a girl, and I've been told twice more since!

Enjoy your scan. :)

my NM said we could schedule at 18 but recommended 20-22 because the scan is looking for several different developmental things and it is more accurate after 20 weeks. We scheduled ours for 19+4.

I've recently had a private gender scan at 14+5 and they were able to tell me that baby is a boy. With my last pregnancy, I had a private scan at 16+3 and the sex was confirmed at my anatomy scan.

The NHS scans can normally be done at any point from 18+6.

I'm pretty sure mine was bang on 20 weeks, so exactly when they say xxx

I found out gender at a private scan at 15 weeks.

It can sometimes be better to wait for the anatomy scan as some parts of the baby they measure or check aren't always developed at 18wks and you would have to come back. This happened to someone I work with, she ended up going 3 times to get everything needed for the scan!

I believe mine was at 18 weeks, that's just when the appointment fell. But, I actually found out two weeks before that! I had a check up with the doctor and he couldn't find the baby on the doppler, so they sent me for an u/s just to make sure everything was good (which is was). I always saw the same ultrasound tech, so when she squeezed me in, I asked if she would have been able to tell the gender if we had the time. To which she said, Oh yea, you can tell at 14 weeks! And she told me we were having a baby girl ^_^ She confirmed again at the anatomy scan and the next scan after that.

The anomaly scan is for checking that the baby doesn't have any heart defects etc. Finding out gender is really just a "perk" during that ultrasound.. they wait til closer to 20 weeks to make sure they can get the most accurate results. Anytime after 16 weeks is usually really accurate in determining the sex.

I had mine at 19wks2 We found out we having another girl. We took our eldest daughter with us who was very disappointment as she wanted a baby brother. The sonographer checked twice and said it looks like a girly and then a 3rd time because my eldest really showed her disapproval!! The sonographer said I know sometimes boys tuck it in but she really couldn't see anything to suggest it would be a boy!

20+2 weeks with DD.
21+2 weeks with DS.

This one we're having a private 3D/4D ultrasound at 14+5 and they said they should be able to find out! :D We'll have one at 20 weeks with our OB.

We booked ours at our dating scan. Its 12dec.
We will be 20w6d

Sad I have to wait so long (even though its just weeks away haha)

Thank you so much for the feedback ladies!! Greatly appreciated :D

Now I feel pretty confident that the gender would be accurate (as long as baby cooperates that day), but I also really want to make sure the other stuff is accurate too, like the heart etc. So we've decided to push it back a week and go sometime around 19+6 or so. I'm so impatient, but I'd rather wait a week than have to go back. ;)

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->