When did you have your first scan?

Tinkxabell

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Im just wondering when you had your first scan? I have my first midwife appt next Tues (21st) and I really want to know if I'm having twins (They are due in my family and my partners!).

Also do you get scanned with the midwife or do you have to go to hospital?

As you can tell this is my first preg and I dont want to get too excited about having a scan next week if its not going to happen, and I cant get hold of the midwife to ask her.

Im in Kent, UK.

Thanks!! xxx :hug:

* Also to kill 2 birds with one stone - when did you find out the sex of your baby? *

Hi hun, where you get your scan depends to vary on where you are in the UK. I went to the hospital for my booking in appointment and dating scan and have to make an appointment to see a midwife in four weeks time. Other people seem to have seen a midwife at 5 or 6 weeks.

Generally you don't get a scan on the NHS until you are 10-14 weeks. This is the dating scan. The second scan happens at 20 weeks and that is when you can usually tell the sex.

These are the only two routine scans you get. Should you be high risk or have problems you will likely find you are scanned more. I think twins are classed as 'high risk' purely because of the higher levels of care required.

If you want extra scans you'll probably have to go private. An early scan usually costs between £50-75 and later scan are upwards of £100 I think.

Congrats on your pregnancy btw!!!!

I had my 1st scan at the hospital arranged byt the Gp at 9 wks and 1 day. They classed that as my dating scan and so I wil not get another scan until my 20 wk on on 4th of june.

good luck

:hugs:

The first midwife appointment is usually a booking in appointent, with bloods and other checks. They would then normally book you in for a dating scan after that. In my area you get a scan at around 12 weeks and then at 20 weeks. I have my dating scan tomorrow but did have 2 early scans due to problems initially.

First appointment at 6+5
Booking in at 9+5
First scan 13+5

I live in a busy area for matrnity services so I think I'm pretty late with my scan compared to some.

Ive got my first scan in 2wks time, so i'll be 13+3. You wont normally find out the sex until 20wks.

I have my first scan on Friday. This will be my dating scan - if I'm 8 weeks pregnant then they'll book me in for a 11-13 week nuchal scan. If I'm 12 weeks gone, then I guess they'll do the nuchal there and then :shrug:

I'll also be having a 20 week scan to see the gender :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->