When did you hear the babies hb on your Doppler?

Beckzter

Reaction score
Hello everyone, as the title when is the earliest you heard babies Hb on your Doppler?

My sonoline B arrived today, yaye! Gave it a whirl although I know I am just over 8 weeks so quite early on. Managed to find my hb ok and also 130 flashed up very quickly a couple of times then went but heard no whooshing so not sure if that was baby or not.

I was over 8 weeks when I found mine hun and took me a good while. Even today at 10+2 I couldn't find it for what felt like an hour (but was probably half an hour) and I really panicked. Found it eventually and the monkey was in the same place as usual but was probably hiding behind the placenta x

I'm probably just trying too early I think, lol! Inpatient person that I am :)

Hi hun!!
I found this one at 8 plus a few, it was really hard to find and very quiet tho! Still not the easiest to find on certain days! With ds2, I found him at 7w and he was always really easy to find. Guess it's all down to where they implant!
I find it's easiest to locate baby when my bladder has a little bit in, but not too full!

Good luck!

Mine came in at 8+6 and I tried for a short time and couldn't fine it. Next day at9 weeks I spent half an hour searching and found baby. The doppler had trouble picking it up as the numbers kept changing but that'd because it's still do little. But I definitely heard it.

With my first, I found it bang on 8 weeks. With my second, I found it just after 7 weeks. I know that seems really early but there's no doubting baby's heartbeat from your own (even though my midwife disputed that - but I know I was right!) x

Thanks ladies, I will try again tomorrow. Baby has implanted in the top of my uterus so I was hoping that it should be easier to find the hb :)

Hi Beck! Found my baby's on my sonoline b at 8w5d :) Good luck!

we heard our little beans hb early in week 9... but at 10+3 we heard it nice and strong. I got my doppler at 8weeks too and tried and found what I thought was baby at 130bpm...but turned out it was just arteries/veins of my own that are flowing fast!...when you find baby..you'll know cause it sounds totally different. look on youtube to hear differences in sounds :) helped me! goodluck finding your little one! :)

I just heard it for the first time today at 8+5! Although I think it is later for a lot of people. With my first, I found it around 9+2.

Heard my son the day I got my sonoline B at 8 wks. This one I heard at exactly 7 i tried earlier but did not find it till 7 wks.

It annoys me how quick some midwifes are quick to roll their eyesand tell you youre probably not picking up the babies heartbeat.

It's genuinely not that hard. It's the thing that sounds like a heartbeat and is faster than anything else you'll find. When you hear it, you'll know.

My friends midwife tried to tell her the 150bpm sound she picked up was her own pulse.

Another used the 3 years of training line. They didn't learn how to use a Doppler for 3 years straight!!!! It was a very tiny part of a lot of clinical training.

Sorry for that little rant haha!

My son was at 10 wks and my daughter was 8wks. I had a pretty hard time finding them and it took a lot of searching. I don't trust the number the sonoline shows, I've seen a ton of videos where the number is way off to what you're hearing. One lady thought she found baby because it said 127bpm but I counted and it was her heart rate at about 80 per min. You'll know when you here baby. It's like a galloping horse.

I didn't think of watching you tube videos, doh! Seen a few and I now know what I'm looking for so will try again tonight. I think I need to put the probe a bit lower too, I keep forgetting that baby will still be low down, thanks ladies :)

Good luck hun hope you manage to find it :) x

People that found it at 8 weeks where are you locating it as in further up from pubic bone, angled right in pubic bone, centre to the side etc?

I find mine about an inch up now but if you stick the probe straight down, quite firm, and very slowly tilt it in a circle that should help you track it down. Do it a couple of times then move it slightly out and rotate it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->