When did you know??

O

onetwothreebp

Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong section!

I didn't have a stellar pregnancy. It was fine, health wise, but I was unprepared for it and spent the entire nine months being anxious and scared for the future. I didn't enjoy my LO's first year because I had PND and resented him. I decided when he was six months that I was one and down. My OH originally wanted 4 children, I wanted 0. I compromised with 1, which probably isn't fair. He wants at least 1 more (he really wants a daughter). I agreed to think about it and on our anniversary, we'd make a decision whether to try or not (anniversary is April 23).

However, that's over a month away but babies and pregnancy is ALL I can think about. I haven't decided yet, but I've caught myself looking at baby clothes in the stores, thinking of names, etc. Is that a sign that I'm wanting another baby?? Is that a sign our family isn't complete??

When did you know that your family was/wasn't complete?

Hi :)
I'm currently trying for baby no 1 but I 'knew' I was as ready as I'm ever going to be because I was doing similar things...day dreaming about names, looking at clothes, feeling like something is missing. I think it sneaks up on you sometimes! I was sure for a long time that I wasn't bothered about being a mum but then bang! Mother nature hit me...:)

I've always known I wanted 2. For me, knowing im ready for another is more than looking at the "things". I feel a longing for those first kicks, the joy of seeing my tummy moving as they wiggle and squirm. I imagine the scent of their newborn hair, the feel of a tiny human being snuggled into my chest. I dream of the first smiles and giggles, first steps and words.

I really think you need to think about if you REALLY want another, or if you are just looking because you know he wants one and you feel that a second is inevitable. Im a firm believer that BOTH parents should want a baby with enthusiasm. If you feel that you have already compromised by having 1, then I think a very long and honest discussion between you and your hubby needs to happen. But you need to have a long and hinest discussion for yourself.

I hope you find a solution that works for you. Best of luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->