When did you ovulate after a miscarriage?

JAC2005

Reaction score
When did you ovulate for the first time after a miscarriage? Did you have the same symptoms as before the miscarriage (i.e. cervical mucous or cramping?) Did OPKs work? Thanks for your input!

61 days after D&C, 71 days after the start of failed medical management.

Normal symptoms and positive OPK. However before actually ovulating I had 3 other "attempts" at ovulation, were OPK went almost positive and I had EWCM but no temp rise the next day. I think these failed attempts were my body trying to sort out my hormones.

Should also add I was still nursing my second child at the time (still am now) so there may have been an element of hormonal influence from breastfeeding hormones.

I am on CD 65 and although I think my body has attempted I Just haven't. I am still waiting for AF, 9 weeks later.

With my first miscarriage, 8 weeks measuring 5-6, I ovulated on CD 16 (counting the first day of bleeding as CD1), and that was only a day or 2 later than in a normal cycle.

My second miscarriage, 12 weeks measuring 9, although I bled for a week longer, I still ovulated on CD17.

Both my miscarriages were totally natural so i don't know if that affected my recovery or not. I know there's a high rate of variance from woman to woman.

I never used OPKs but I did chart and yes they were basically normal cycles.

I ovulated about 3 weeks after my D&C...I got my period exactly 5 weeks after the procedure.

im cd 51 today and beleive i finally just got my first pos opk and had loads ewcm for a few days

Not sure when I ovulated but af came bang on time4 weeks after I began bleeding. I was 12 weeks but baby measured just 6 weeks. I miscarried naturally. .. x

Mine was natural (no drugs/procedures) and I ovulated very soon thereafter, I think it was 19 days after the bleeding.

Does anyone know if the type of mc (eg natural, meds or d&c) is meant to have any affect on when you ovulate & when your body is ready to conceive again? Or does it all depend on your body and your usual cycles eg regular or not?

I need to choose an option for my mc tomorrow. I'm 12 weeks but baby died at 7 weeks. I'm so scared & confused xx

you ladies just gave me some much-needed hope. My baby stopped developing at 6 weeks and at 9 1/2 weeks I had my uterus emptied surgically. That was 10 weeks ago and I still haven't ovulated. I have some fertility problems and am beginning to wonder if I will ever ovulate again. I'm glad to see that some of you other ladies have taken a long time to get back on track too. Well, not that I'm glad you haven't ovulated :haha:

From what I have read it doesn't make much difference how the miscarriage is done (medication, natural, surgical) but that the further along you are the longer it typically takes for your next cycle to come.

Sorry you are going through this :flower:

I had a MMC at 12 weeks and initially was natural but descended into medical management (and a bit of surgical at the bedside.......). I ovulated about 2.5-3 weeks after the MC started and I was still bleeding while ovulating. AF came back just over 5 weeks after MC.

This time I MC naturally at 6 weeks. I ovulated just this past week so about 3 weeks post MC. Hoping for AF in the next week or so then *sigh* back on the crapwagon of TTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->