When did you pack your hospital bag??

mamawannabe

Reaction score
Hello! Just wondered out of interest at what point people packed their hospital bags. I dont want to seem too anxious but heard you should do it around 32 weeks?

i would like to now this im 36 week and i havent packed mine because i feel it is to early but thuinking about it i maby should. xxx

Mines packed and ready all ready :haha: I had my last child at 29 weeks and was not prepared for it at all, so taking no chances this time round :thumbup:

With my first I shopped and nearly had everything ready a month before, because the countdown was on for me. Then within a week I had a health scare and ended up being rushed in for an emergency csection at 36+4! I was so glad I had the bagged packed and sent Hubby home to get it while they were prepping me for surgery.

I'll be getting a bag packed at least a month early this time too.

It's really up to you, I don't think there's such a thing as doing it too early but you can certainly do it too late, some babies can be pretty unpredictable! I had mine done at 30 weeks last time round but this time I'll probably be about 33 weeks (mainly because we're going on holiday at 32 weeks and won't have my bag til we come back) but I'll have everything bought and ready by that point xxx

I am planning on doing mine at 34 weeks this time xx

I think I will be moving house around 35 weeks so plan to have it ready for when we move just in case!

I have had an 'emergency bag' packed for a couple of weeks now due to a few complications. The real bag I'm doing just about now, just washing the baby clothes n stuff.

I think if your not quite ready to do 'THE' bag, an emergency bag with wash kit, nighty, pads, nappies n snacks etc is a really good idea so you have some stuff to hand if you find yourself having an early stay in hospital. x

I did mine at about 35 weeks properley but had a bag sittin and put stuff in as i bought them (new nighties etc) better to be ready but u dont want to do it 2 early that u feel un organised coz u 4get what u have put in! xx

mines benn packed and unpacked about a million times since i was about 28 week lol

I packed mine at 28 weeks (due to boredom!) and everyone thought I was been silly and impatient but...at 28+4 i went into premature labour, didnt know til we got to the hospital so I had to send my other half back home for our stuff. Im so glad it was packed because well erm men are useless about when it comes to this kind of thing haha

I say that but actually my other half surprised me, he brought me a book and some other things he thought i might like :) i obviously shouldnt under estimate
xxxx

oh and i like tinkerbells idea about the emergency bag. Great idea
dont forget snacks :)

When i was finally settled in a delivery room (after 5 hours of monitoring and checks in an empty room) it was midnight and i realised i hadnt eaten since 12 lunchtime so when OH brought my bags I had packed a couple of kitkats and cerial bars, which kept me going till the midwife made me breakfast

xxxx

i got mine done yesterday

I finished mine last night...nt sure whats gonna happen at the next growth scan so I just want to be prepared. Bt im kinda late this time...with my son i was packed at 32/33 wks and repacked a million times lol

Everyone had told me to have my bag packed by 35 weeks. I hadn't packed it yet, because a lot of what I plan to take are things that I use daily. When I went to the hospital this past Sunday (for high BP) we walked around putting everything together-- it didn't take us long because I already had a list of everything that was to be taken.
When we got home we had to unpack some of it... but the basics are still packed. I'm full-term tomorrow, so it definitely makes sense to go ahead and have it ready.

So, I guess I'd say around 35-36weeks go ahead and pack things that aren't your everyday use. Like, you could go ahead and pack some extra clothes and magazines for reading... but you really can't pack things like your cell charger, laptop, deodorant, etc. Those things you'll either have to buy extra of, or just be prepared to pack them really quickly before you go. I'm not really sure how the other ladies are doing it?

Good luck! :flow:

*whispers* I've not packed yet... :blush: xx

I did an initial packing session at 34 weeks, but I still had a load of stuff to buy. We've just finished packing the bags tonight - apart from a few last minute things that we'll just need to throw in at the last minute (toiletries etc). I have a little notebook with all the information I need for the hospital (e.g. baby names, phone numbers, etc) and I have a list of everything I need for my hospital bag in there, so that I can check off the last few things before heading off.

I didn't want to do mine before finishing work, it's my 1st day of ML today so have started getting it ready.

I have a week off work at the end of the month, I will be 31 weeks.

I plan on making sure I have everything I need for my bag bought that week and probably packed as after that I am back at work then until I am 37 weeks so want to be ready just incase baby decides to make an early apperance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->