when did you pack your labour bag and what did you put in it?

dinky

happy mum to 2 girls :)
Reaction score
hi ladies, im 31 weeks pregnant and considering packing my labour bag early just incase i go into labour early. do you think its too early? what week did you pack yours? ive been and brought some new nighties to put in my bag and i have a good idea of what else to put in it but just wondered what did you put in yours just incase theres something i dont think of. thanks for any replies x

I can't remember what week I packed mine but remember rushing around in the early stages of labour getting the last minute things! :dohh:
There is a sticky of things to pack in your hospital bag in 3rd trimester but from a natural birthing perspective the things I can think of would be:
- essential oils you want to burn
- music you want to listen to
- tens machine
- tennis ball for pressure relief
- your relaxation/ hypnobirthing book and tapes
- anything else that helps you relax and calms you (perhaps a favourite shirt or your own pillow.)
- hot and cold packs
- birth ball if the hospital doesn't supply them
That's all I can think of but there is plenty of others who can give more I'm sure! :flower:

mini shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, spray, shower gel, flannel, lipsalve, maternity pads. Birthing nighty x2, pj's x2, knickers x5, bra x2, socks x3, comming home outfit. Nappy pack x1, vests x3, sleepsuits x3, socks x3 (use one pair as scratch mittens) bibs or muslims x3, comming home outfit. I did stay in for 4days tho as LO was prem. Then a few snacks. Cant think of anything else. Btw its never too early to pack your bag x

thanks ladies. Ive made a start and brought 2 new nighties! Gunna start adding bits each week i think. Thanks for the advice! X

A word of warning...my bag was packed from 33 weeks but when I went into labour at home I asked my dh to get the tens machine out of it which he did.

After the birth, it turned out that all sorts of things were missing from it which I KNOW I packed....my dh had practically emptied the bag all over the hall floor looking for the tens machine and forgotten to put everything back in. He may be forgiven one day.

I packed my hospital bag when the midwife told me i wasn't progressing and need to go to hospital :haha: which was made worse cause hubby had to do it :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->