when did you/should you stop having sex ? Also, lady bits feel "tighter" to OH?TMI

thecurlymama

Reaction score
So, I've heard that 30w is when you're "supposed" to stop having sex, but I never knew or asked anybody why? OH and I are still having sex at least twice a week if not more. I'm 30w and there hasn't really been any issues (except it being painful for him- see next paragraph). When did you ladies stop having sex (if you have already) and if you haven't, when will you, or is there even a time that you SHOULD stop? :shrug:

OK, so TMI question... OH and I were having sex last week, but he asked to stop because he said that it felt "too tight", like it was squeezing his man parts too tight in a weird way. WTF is goin' on there??? I mean I do kegals but definitely not nearly enough to have my lady bits getting THAT much tighter. You'd think OH would be HAPPY (not that I was particularly "loose" before, but don't guys like it tighter? :shrug: ) ANYWAYS, have any of you ladies experienced that ??

I've never been told to stop having sex at 30 weeks and I'm on baby 3 lol. Idk about being to tight try not to do kegals for a little see if that helps but that's the only thing I would think that would make you tight being pregnant wouldn't

You dont need to stop having sex at any stage unless advices by your MW or doctor because of bleeding etc.

We have never stopped. the only gap for us is a few weeks after babe is born

With DD, we had sex right up until a day before she was born. In fact, my OB said it was a great way to "get things started" for labor. :winkwink: As for the tightness, I've noticed that I get pretty swollen down there after sex, so I assume that the excess blood in our lady parts just causes things to swell up a bit.

We stopped both pregnancy around 28 weeks. Basically we both found it weird once baby got big plus its really the last thing I want to do! It's perfectly safe to have sex to the end unless your waters go or are advised to stop by s doctor

I agree. Unless advised by a dr it's completely normal and healthy to have sex right up until you deliver and this is my 6th pregnancy ;)

Dh and I still have sex and im 36 weeks it just hurts a bit after word in the pelvic part. Also im not to sure about the second part. Sorry I couldnt be more help

I hadnt heard about stopping at 30 weeks either... But have to agree last time OH and I had sex things definitely felt MUCH tighter for both him and me. I actually found it uncomfortable at times which is not normally a problem!!
Think it is just swollen with the extra blood flow atm because I definitely havent been doing kegels cos I keep forgetting!! xx

Never! We dtd all the way until the day before birth with both pregnancies. This time around we aren't as active as before with DH working 2 jobs, and me sleeping a ton. Unless you are at risk for preterm labor or the doc says no, I would keep on going. You will have a 6 week break soon and that may be difficult

we have also been told that we can keep enjoying as long as I feel comfortable. My DH noticed a tightness difference starting around week 28. We just make sure to use lube all the time and pick and choose positions that leave my pelvis more open vs. ones that leave it more closed :shrug: I'm hoping to enjoy as much as possible before our sons birth as I don't know when we will feel up to it again afterward.

Not sure about the tightness. Maybe extra blood flow? I know I look a lot puffier down there with the extra blood. :blush:

As far as sex, we are careful about getting too passionate since I get really long lasting, uncomfortable braxton-hicks when we go fast and hard. But making love gently gets old after awhile, so sometimes we just do it anyways. The BH are almost worth it lol. I wonder if this will get any better/worse as I get farther into my third trimester.

I hope there not a rule lol coz I finally got my mojo back now hahah been enjoying sex for the first time in a while as I felt sore and swollen after for a while.... Def won't stop unless advised

I'd imagine it feels tighter for him due to swelling...at least for me, I can tell tell that my girly parts have been really swollen for weeks. We don't have a lot of sex though so I don't know if DH noticed a difference.

I would have to agree with the ladies about the swelling. My lady parts def look different these days. Hubby hasn't said anything about it being too tight....I'm going to ask haha.

We are a very active couple. As long as you are comfy you should be fine to do the deed up until the baby is born. I get braxton hicks a lot from sex, but they eventually go away.

Since this time around I am pregnant with a girl DH feels wierd having sex with my stomach showing. He feels "she is watching" :haha:it never bothered him with our son...must be a man thing. I don't care though, I'd rather have a shirt on anyways since I feel like a whale. Tube tops are great! Daughter has a shield over her "eyes" and dad can still enjoy the boobs :haha:

We generally keep going until baby arrives, I am pg with twins this time but haven't been advised to stop yet, I hope they don't tell me too :(
Increased blood flow to the area definitely makes this tighter, more sensitive. I find that a good thing though, just make sure you are well aroused beforehand and that should help.

We generally take a 4 week break once baby is born while we wait out the lochia and the fact I tend to tear quite badly (luckily I heal very fast and well) then things are good again

Thanks ladies for the reassurance!! I have noticed the swelling in the lady parts, but I didn't know that OH would feel it that much! Haha, anyways, yeah, we've been using lube when things just aren't wet enough and that helps a lot (TMI but my natural lube has seemed a little more "sticky" and less "slippery" lately :growlmad: )

We generally keep going until baby arrives, I am pg with twins this time but haven't been advised to stop yet, I hope they don't tell me too :(
Increased blood flow to the area definitely makes this tighter, more sensitive. I find that a good thing though, just make sure you are well aroused beforehand and that should help.

We generally take a 4 week break once baby is born while we wait out the lochia and the fact I tend to tear quite badly (luckily I heal very fast and well) then things are good again

Wow I just noticed from your ticker and whatnot that you have 3 boys and 2 twin boys on the way?? 5 boys! :D It must have been funny to find out you were having twins, and boys nonetheless.

Sorry to change the subject on the thread :p

As far as i know, if you are low risk and dont have issues then you can do it all you want until your water breaks! (if you shouldn't your doc/MW would mention you it) The only time otherwise that you would have to stop is your water breaks bc of risk of infection (not to be confused with your plug, thats not the same and not a worry :nope:). We DTD when i was nearly 42 weeks preggo with DS2! In fact it can help ripen the cervix for labor when labor is on the horizon (the seman helps soften the cervix) plus it can help with optimal fetal positioning for the birth, so it can actually be a good thing! But it's not true that you have to stop having sex, unless a care provider tells you otherwise or your water breaks. Sex is a very good thing...and actually there is a saying "what gets the baby in, can help get the baby out" :winkwink: then of course when you are PP its typical to wait until you are 6 weeks out before :sex: again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->