When did you start feeing the first baby flutters?

Pne1985

Reaction score
I'm only 15 weeks, and I haven't felt any movement yet. At least nothing noticeable. It drives me crazy. I love feeling that, knowing my baby is doing well! It's been 4 years since I was last pregnant so I don't remember at all when I started noticing it with our son.

I was about 18 weeks with my first and then about 20 odd with second and first..weird! I'm pregnant with number 4 14 weeks so wondering when i will feel this one hopefully soon because like you say its nice when you start feelig them xx

17 weeks with my first and 9 weeks with my second.

Around 16 weeks with DS and 14/15 weeks this time.
There are some many things that can effect when you feel movement though!

Thanks for replying. That's a little reassuring. Hopefully, it will start soon then. I actually look forward to dr appointments right now so I can hear that heartbeat, then once the baby moves like crazy, I'm not so keen on going!

I didn't feel movement until almost 20 weeks. Also it never felt like flutters for me, more like little pokes or like gas. Actually since I was expecting it to feel like flutters, I didn't consider that the pokes were the baby until one day I said ok that was definitely not gas! So maybe I would have caught on earlier if I knew what to look for.

About 17.5 weeks with my first and 16 weeks (from the outside, even!) with my second.

16 weeks with first
Before 14 with second
Number three, nothing yet, I'm 19 weeks. I reckon iv got an anterior placenta, we will see

14 or 15 weeks with DD and around 12 or 13 weeks with this LO. Although I have an anterior placenta this time around so I haven't felt much movement since the first few flutters

I've felt a few odd things in the past few weeks but last night were real flutters. They were at the top of the bump and definite flutters.

Bang on 15 weeks, this is my first baby. They felt like little flutters, almost like bubbles. I never understood it when I read about what it's supposed to feel like, but I sure do now!

Around 16/18 weeks with my first and 12/13 weeks with my second.

Ahh I'm just over 18 weeks now and still not feeling much. It is driving me crazy! It always makes me super nervous to go to the doctors and finding out bad news. Our 20 week ultrasound is next week and I'm excited but wish I would start feeling movement beforehand to ease my mind!

I didn't feel movement until 20 weeks. My boss is currently pregnant with her first - she's 19 weeks (we both had no idea the other was pregnant until a couple months ago!) and she hasn't felt movement yet. I think it's normal. Don't worry, you will feel them.

Interestingly, when I felt my first (at around 18 weeks, it was definitely flutters, which I definitely only felt inside. With my second and third, I have felt them at 16 weeks, both like little taps on the outside. I know with my last pregnancy and this one I have had a posterior placenta, so I'm wondering if I maybe had an anterior placenta with my first that made it feel so different.

With my first it was around 19 weeks (and straight away I could feel it in the outside). With my second, it was about 20/21 weeks. I'm 12 weeks with third and I'm not expecting to feel movement for a while still.

I was around 17 weeks all 3 times, but I've never started with flutters. I've always gone straight to feeling proper pokes, and then seeing/feeling movement on the outside within another week.

An anterior placenta low down can block a lot of early movement. Hopefully you will start to feel baby soon, it's so reassuring.

Thank you for your replies! I think I've felt some but I can't say for sure. I'm hoping those definite movements happen soon. We have our 20 week ultrasound on Tuesday and I'm nervous and excited at the same time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->