When did you start to buy things?

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
As the title says really ladies, when did you all start shopping? With my daughter I started super early and stocked up on things like nappies and wipes from around week ten. But this time I've had two losses so I'm more nervous, now I've reached week 12 I'm thinking of popping out tomorrow with hubby and having a little browse :happydance:

So ladies...when did or will you be starting to shop? :flower:

My mum bought an outfit and a box of baby essential creams etc around 8 weeks but we didn't buy any more until after 12 weeks.

I am literally so scared to buy anything until week 20. I'm only at week 8 and can't imagine buying anything now. I'll buy a doppler soon but I don't think that counts as a baby buy haha x

I plan to start right after the 12 week ultrasound! I've already begun to marvel with wide, yearning eyes whenever I see a baby section in any store. I am on quite a budget though especially since finding out I am pregnant, so I really must try to hold off and shop smart. Sales and friend/family donations will be my first choices. Whatever I can't find that way, then I will spend the real cashola.
Somewhat related but slightly derailing, it's really bothersome to me how baby sections are full of marketing schemes intent on making millions off of worried mothers. They say "oh you need this, this, and this, and if you get that you MUST get the corresponding thingamajig over there, too." My mother says they didn't have all of this stuff when she was in her baby making years, and that the necessities are sprinkled throughout and in between the useless novelty junk, making it difficult for new moms to actually know what is really needed and what is a waste of money. Agh I'm just glad I have a lot of very supportive women in my family that are twice my age and can coach me through the stores, otherwise I would probably be wasting so much money!!

We started buying things like nappies, wipes and wash cloths last week. I've never had a miscarriage so I suppose I'm not as worried as a lot of women on this forum. We planned on buying our cotbed this weekend but just the thought of sitting in a car with him annoys me haha xx

We bought a few things whilst we were ttc. Just two outfits, a rabbit, some books... Nothing huge.

My other half bought our first baby buy today :) She is at a music festival and it's a "my first metal t-shirt" top for baby.

I think most things will wait until a bit later in the pregnancy for us, but if I see something we really want I will be picking it up :) We're partly waiting because we're going on holiday at 23 weeks so a lot of our money is on that. Once we get back all of our disposable income is baby stuff!

I started buying when we were ttc and eventhough I had losses I keep the baby items. Certain things I keep in a box with my Angels's sonar photo etc. But I feel it's our journey to a rainbow and I will most definitely use the other items for a rainbow at some point. I am buying things like vests, onesies, blankets and bibs for both genders. I have some of the larger items already and will start getting new bottles to match my breast pump.

With my first I went crazy buy stuff. This time I'm waiting to see if I'm having a boy or a girl before I buy stuff. The only thing I have bought so far is a steriliser and some bottles thats it and I only got them cause they were in the sale.

I really haven't bought anything yet. I'm not worried about it to much, because baby will have what he needs. Just yesterday my husband and I went and seriously looked at cribs. We still didn't pick one, just looked.

If you were to ask me last month how I felt about not having anything yet I probably would have broke down and cried because I'm so un-prepared.

With ds I started at 10 weeks, with the miscarried baby I started at 8 weeks as we'd had a healthy scan.
I'll re use a lot of ds stuff, I had the pram and swinging crib when we were thinking about ttc as I saw it and was a bargain.
I'll use the things I bought for the other baby and then I got some nappies last week with vouchers :blush: because they were bogof plus 2 vouchers.
As soon as I get a scan I'll keep an eye out for the few things I need as I'll hopefully get to use at some point.
Xx

we bought some things while ttc just some stuffed animals and a blanket
some of the items were from my trip to disney world

we will probably start buying big things after our baby shower
whatever friends and family dont gift to us we will buy

i want to start making a registry soon though

We didn't buy anything last time until after 20 weeks and even then we only bought the moses basket and buggy (in the sale). I think everything else we bought after 30 weeks! I was super-paranoid though due to previous loss.

This time round we haven't bought anything - haven't had a scan yet so don't even know if there's anything in there plus we still have everything we need from last time round. The only things we could conceivably need to buy are new mattresses for moses basket and cot and bottles as I threw out the old ones (breastfed but had trouble with latching so had to express for first week).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->