When did you start to exercise after giving birth?

MrsClark24

Reaction score
I'm DESPERATE to get back to the gym and start losing some of this weight!! (I've got 9lbs to lose!)

I gave birth 3 weeks ago, hubby thinks its too soon to be hitting the gym but I feel great and really want to go running! Internal stitches are out and I don't feel sore or anything, still bleeding a little but not much.

Is 3 weeks too early? When did you start exercising again?

10 weeks but only because I had a c-section. I was told to wait at least 6 weeks. I didn't feel ready until the 10 week mark. I guess if you feel up to it then go for it, obviously stop if it gets too much.

Um.... 2.5 years... Lol!

I think if you start gently with some walking or similar you'll be fine. Gradually ease yourself in. :)

7wks- as I had a c-section so I waited to get the "all clear" then a little longer as I still had some risidual pains- but I started walking again at 6wk, then slowly worked back up to my gym routine starting at 7wks... little by little as I felt better and better.

If you feel good and no issues- I would think it's Ok to start back up. Just listen to your body and start off slower... :)

I also got the all clear at 6 weeks after having my section... i was already up an bout though with 2 under 2 so was pretty active.

I started exercising round the 10 week mark too but sometimes i get shooting pains in my scar whilst doing my fitness dvd so be careful, gently does it :flower:

i started at gym day of 6 weeks i had a section to. since monday last week ive start walking 4 miles 3 days a week and 2 twice a week im now 9 weeks pp xxx i need to loose 60 pounds altogether xxx

I started at 3 weeks as well. I started very simple with yoga and bodyweight moves and then into proper weights & cardio after about 6-8 weeks. It all depends on the birth, recovery, and your prior condition. Just be wary of your abdominal separation and wear a maxi pad. Have fun!

Ive started back on my treadmill today and my lo is 4wks 2days old, i couldnt wait any longer, i started feeling disgusted with myself and none of my clothes fit me, depressing wearing maternity trousers still, ive got 2 stone to lose

Do not believe the leaflets they give you where it states that you have to do bloody sit-ups straight after birth!

All you're allowed to do atm is pelvicfloor exercises, and nothing more! You gave birth 3 weeks ago hun ;)

Anyways, Its been about 9 weeks now and Im gonna start now. Well, I did walk 3 days after birth (with her) and biking after 4 weeks, but I dont class that as exercise .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->