when did you start to potty train?

Only just preparing to start now, as she is showing an interest and has started going into private places to poop. She's 2 years 8 months. There's no rush for us - always figured it would be easier and quicker with her actually on board rather than being pushed into something she didn't have a desire to do. Despite my tittish MIL and her idiotic friends acting like it will the end of my life if I end up with two children in nappies ... not really sure what difference it will make to my life? My 2 year old goes through about three nappies a day ... goodness me!!! :O

Sorry, this post seems to have turned into a rant. :dohh:

I don't get this at all. When I was expecting my 2nd I got comments about how dreadful it would be having 2 in nappies, like really, a total 2.5 minutes a day spent changing those extra nappies is what's going to tip me over the edge?! My 1st was out of nappies before 2nd was born but I'm confident I could have coped :dohh:

We've always taken a child-led approach, I'd prefer this, unless my LO got old enough that not being toilet trained was going to be an issue, holding them back from being able to join nursery for example.
DS was eager and started using the potty occasionally from 10m and was out of nappies by 1.5yrs (in the day, he wore a nappy at night until he was 3).
DD1 wasn't interested in the potty or toilet (I got it out, she peed right next to it and then threw the potty, I tool that as a sign she wasn't quite into it :haha:) until she was 21 or 22 months (I can't remember) and then she decided one day she wasn't wearing a nappy any more so she just went into pants and using the toilet, no accidents.
DD2 is 18 months, she's very interested in the toilet and sits on it a few times a day, sometimes she pees, sometimes she just tries and doesn't do anything. She says "wee wee" and goes to the bathroom when she wants to use the toilet or she just screeches and points :haha:. I'm hoping I get lucky and have another child who decides they want to use the toilet at some point and we don't have to actually toilet train. I'll continue to let her use the toilet when she wants and start asking her if she wants to use it before bath time, after she gets up from her nap and any other sensible time I remember :haha:

I really like the gradual approach, it's not exactly potty training, i just say potty learning! DS tells me when he wants to go sometimes, other times he will sit on the potty reading for ages and not do anything. He's only 19 months but he's definitely showing more interest in it these days so might try a day at home with no nappy on and see how he goes ☺

I started putting DS on the potty to poo around 6 months. He's always been really regular in that department so I knew when to put him there. By about 22 months he was consistently dry during the day and by that point had been pretty consistent for a couple of months!

That's great boozlebub hopefully I can start earlier with my next one!

DS ~ 18 months, 3 day diaper free method (took about 7 days for poop)

DD casual try at 18, 20, 22 months, no luck. 23 months, she wanted panties at store so I told her she would have to use the potty to buy the panties. (Yesterday) So far she did great until late afternoon then not so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->