When did you start TTC again after a MC?

Sunrise

Reaction score
I know theres probably been threads on this before but i've searched and can't find any. How long after a MC did you start TTC?

We found out we were pregnant around Valentines day but unfortunatley MC a week later. It has been the weirdest couple of weeks of my life but we are trying to look forward. At first I didnt want to start trying again, ever. But the last couple of days i've thought I would like TTC again straight away. Hubby is not so sure at the min...

So when did you all start TTC again after a loss?

We waited 2 months to properly TTC following our miscarriage. My personal opinion is to wait at least one cycle to make sure your lining is thick enough and that you have more time to heal emotionally.

my gynae said u could continue to have regular sex and if u want to track ur dates u can wait till ur first af comes :) however if u do get pregnant before ur 1st af, thats fine too. each mc is individual on its on. it wont affect the other.

you can see this thread: https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...here-2boys4girlsallhereallhealthywedidit.html it gave me hope too, all the ladies there came tgt to try right after their mc and even before their first af, and they have all given birth to healthy kids. :)

vonz- thanks for sharing that thread!

sunrise- I agree that unless there were complications- it's really just a personal decision. I had a d&c 10 days ago and I have a NTNP approach for the 1st cycle and then after- I am back on the TTC wagon full force. Do what's best for you! I can say in addition to that thread- I personally know a few girls who got preggo and had healthy successful pregnancies within weeks of their m/c. best of luck!! :dust:

vonz- thanks for sharing that thread!

sunrise- I agree that unless there were complications- it's really just a personal decision. I had a d&c 10 days ago and I have a NTNP approach for the 1st cycle and then after- I am back on the TTC wagon full force. Do what's best for you! I can say in addition to that thread- I personally know a few girls who got preggo and had healthy successful pregnancies within weeks of their m/c. best of luck!! :dust:

holly i totally love the way u put it, TTC wagon full force!! wish i can do that now.. waiting for the spotting to stop and hopefully the doc followup on tues will be smoooooooth. :) hey im looking for ttc buddies, to go thru the journey of mc and preparing for ttc and ttc-ing, can i put u on my ttc buddy list? :)

how r u doing sunrise? hope things r better for u today... dropping by to send my love.. :)

vonz ~ definitely.. let's be bump buddies too!!! :winkwink:

I already had my followup- a week early because I was feeling some discomfort "down there" and was worried I had an infection. Thankfully everything seems to be healing properly... It's 10 days post d&c and I fiiiiiiiinally have no spotting or bleeding and I hope it stays away!

vonz ~ definitely.. let's be bump buddies too!!! :winkwink:

I already had my followup- a week early because I was feeling some discomfort "down there" and was worried I had an infection. Thankfully everything seems to be healing properly... It's 10 days post d&c and I fiiiiiiiinally have no spotting or bleeding and I hope it stays away!

Hey holly!! I posted my reply here: https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-journals/495125-ttc-journey-pco-unexplained-mc-5-weeks-pg7-12.html so we can continue e chat there! Ok let's ms bumb buddies too!!!!!!! Yay!!!! Ur joy is super contagious dear:) love to have met u!!! Oh I stop spotting already and I am at day 6 post d&c.. Tryin to stay positive today.. Bit down.

I am not even waiting for my first af... my man and I are just waiting for doc to do a pelvic and give us the green light for sexy time and we are a GO! I have March 8th circled BIIIIG on my calendar ha! OH won't know what hit him ;)

I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks and started ttc right away. After I bled for awhile and then stopped I had two regular cycles and got pregnant on the third. It is a personal decision though and I personally think it is easier if you are early on and there are no complications with your miscarriage. I also think it depends on your mental readiness and not just physical readiness.

Good luck! :)

I know theres probably been threads on this before but i've searched and can't find any. How long after a MC did you start TTC?

We found out we were pregnant around Valentines day but unfortunatley MC a week later. It has been the weirdest couple of weeks of my life but we are trying to look forward. At first I didnt want to start trying again, ever. But the last couple of days i've thought I would like TTC again straight away. Hubby is not so sure at the min...

So when did you all start TTC again after a loss?

I am in the exact same boat as you, I just mc the past couple days and at first I didn't think I wanted to try right away again since we weren't trying with this one. But I was so happy that we'd be giving our daughter a brother or sister that I think I want to start trying as soon as possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->