When did you start wearing...

hey, i too wanna ask same! please somebody answer it..

I didn't, and I won't this time the reason is that all waters break differently some with a gush some with a trickle and if its a large gush I don't feel the pad will hold it! Also some never break and the baby's are born in their sac :) mine didn't break last time with my daughter the onset of labour began with frequent regular contractions eek! X

I didn't last time and won't this time. My waters didn't break until I was in labour last time which is common. If they go then my trousers will get wet which doesn't matter! Plus if they go while I'm in a shop then I might get free stuff so I want it to be obvious :haha:

I didn't even consider wearing a pad and currently am not wearing one! If my waters go when I'm out and about ill just have o leak everywhere haha...beats wearing a giant pad any day! X

I don't wear one. It is very rare that waters will break in a public place with a cinematographic splash!

I didn't with my little boy.... I was payed in bed and heard a pop so ran to the toilet and out trickled some water! This time I won't either but I've got some bed pads just encase it happens on the bed to save the mattress!

Xxx

I never have. Why would you? Hardly any labours start with your waters breaking, and if they break like my first child's did, no pad would ever catch that!

Not something I've considered doing. If they go, then they go. I'm clearly very pregnant so if it does happen like in movies (unlikely I know) then it'll just be the way it is.

I'll be wearing pads long enough after the birth. Don't want to extend that time unnecessarily.

I will protect my bed soon though, and also keep a pad in the dashboard to sit on if I do go into labour while I'm out.

With my dd I never, the first time I put one on was when I was loosing my plug. But that was just a regular pad. My waters went in the hospital just before her head came out tho. Good job I diddnt sit at home waiting for then to go first lol x

I've got a waterproof cover under our fitted bed sheet to protect the mattress x

I didn't either....they never broke with DD until in labour and luckily I was at home with DS when my waters broke

X

I never considered it. With my first, I was laying in bed when my water broke. It was so much water, there's no way a pad or even incontinence underwear would have held all of it. It was Niagara Falls; I'm not kidding. lol... But, if I were to, I would start at 37 weeks. My water broke at 38w2d with my first babe.

Thanks ladies! I am mainly worried about sitting through my 3 hour class every Tuesday. My final is on the 21st of May and I'm due the 24th. I just don't want it going all over the seat and onto the carpet. I'd be way too embarrassed!

What people do that lol??

I never did. I had a waterproof cover on my bed though at the end.

My waters had to be ruptured by the doc during labour with every one of my four births - and that's a much more likely scenario than having them break in public somewhere!

There is also the thing that if they DO rupture, it's either going to be a little trickle that not so many people will notice, or a massive rupture that no pad is going to hold in! If they go when you are in class and they go spectacularly, then no pad in the world will stop people seeing what has happened. No one is going to think badly of you though - it's not like they won't be able to tell what it is - everyone else will most likely just start freaking out around you!

Honestly - save the pad wearing for after the birth - you will be so sick of wearing them by the end you'll be glad you didn't add another few weeks of it before you needed to!

Today! I had a midwife appointment and actually had a stretch and sweep. I am 3cm dilated, my cervix is soft and I've been having mild irregular contractions. I don't expect anything to take off.. But I am always paranoid about water breakage lol. My water broke quite early in my labor with my first. My second broke on it's own not to long before my son arrived. The labor was super short though.

I didn't, I can't say it's something I've ever thought about. It turns out I have to have my water broken anyway... Leather sac apparently :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->