When did you start wearing...

Really surprised at the response here about wearing pads! I thought it was the norm to from about 37 weeks, maybe it's a UK thing? It's mentioned in the pregnancy books I have and my friends have. I know it's rare for waters to break but there's mucus plug and increased CM too to consider. I also saw a heavily pregnant woman standing in Tesco with water on the floor saying to her friend how typical it was she wasnt wearing a pad that day!

Really surprised at the response here about wearing pads! I thought it was the norm to from about 37 weeks, maybe it's a UK thing? It's mentioned in the pregnancy books I have and my friends have. I know it's rare for waters to break but there's mucus plug and increased CM too to consider. I also saw a heavily pregnant woman standing in Tesco with water on the floor saying to her friend how typical it was she wasnt wearing a pad that day!

Really? I'm in uk and never heard of it! :haha:

I'm in the UK - never heard of it either. And believe me my SILs and antenatal friends and I don't shy away from any topics.

I understand why people do it, and I wear pantyliners for all the CM. But I figure nothings going to stop the flood of waters if and when it comes.

I wear pantiliners for normal Pregnancy discharge, but never would think to wear a pad for my waters breaking. Besides, only like 10% of waters break before labor. With my two babies my waters broke in active labor. It's common here to protect matresses with waterproof matress pads under sheets normally, and that would be only issue.

I'm in the UK and I've never heard of anyone wearing pads in case their waters go either! Not heard of anyone needing one for their plug either (TMI- mine was thick not wet), funny!

There's a 90% chance your labour won't start with waters breaking so it doesn't seem worth wearing a pad just in case to me. I do have a mattress protector though and when I had an intense false labour spell at the weekend (from 18:00-2:00 I was contracting every 2 mins and they were lasting 60 secs) I put a pad on just in case. I couldn't bear to wear them all day every day though! I had to wear them for 6 weeks after having dd and that was more than enough!

I've been wondering whether or not I'm going to need to wear pads in case I pee myself! The baby has kicked my bladder a few times and I've had to run to the toilet, I hope this doesn't happen more often as I get bigger.

How bizarre! Is it a Buckinghamshire thing then?:winkwink: Okay, I may forego the pads then...

I never wore any and wont bother this time....so what if my waters happen to go in ASDA....get my shooping for free! lol

I hate pads and am going to be miserable wearing them after birth >__< I'm also not really embarrassed of my water breaking (people who know about labor and delivery will understand, and those who don't will think it's normal because that's how nearly every movie displays it), so I won't be wearing any. I actually hope my water breaks somewhere and I'll get some free stuff :) LOL

I hated wearing them after birth, didn't wear one before going in to labor with my son, and won't be with this one either. You're pregnant - if they break they break, everyone knows it has to happen sometime and that it's unpredictable, don't worry about being embarrassed! :)

That said, other posters are right - labor doesn't often begin with waters breaking - you usually get more warning than that. Mine didn't break until I actually pushed my son out. Quite the sensation having my waters go AND baby come out all at once.

I Only wear a little panty liner due to discharge or the occasional pee leak (tmi) but so true

when i was pregnant with my first son i was still in university and went to my lectures right up until the last minute so i put pads on just for at university - my waters went during the night and tbh a pad would have done naff all - my main waters broke in 4 gushs and each gush soaked through my underwear and drentched my trousers and even then the midwife who delivered LO had to break the waters around his head!

tbh i probably wouldnt bother they not going to make a difference if they gush

Today! I had a midwife appointment and actually had a stretch and sweep. I am 3cm dilated, my cervix is soft and I've been having mild irregular contractions. I don't expect anything to take off.. But I am always paranoid about water breakage lol. My water broke quite early in my labor with my first. My second broke on it's own not to long before my son arrived. The labor was super short though.

So funny enough, on Thursday night I had a shower and got in to bed deciding I wouldn't go into labor some time until the following week surely and I wouldn't need a pad or anything.. AND, my water broke in bed. WOO HOO! lol.

I won't be. My waters did go like they do in the movies with my daughter - I got up and went to the bathroom to have a shower and they gushed all over the bathroom floor - but not that many people's do. The pad wouldn't have been much use with the amount of water anyway, and a lot of people who's water goes like tht go first thing in the morning when they are getting up rather Han out and about anyway. Will put some of those mats on the bed to save the mattress though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->