when did you stop sterilizing??!

As in bottles? I stopped just after seb's 1st baby because it occurred to me that he also used plates etc and we didn't sterilise those. We just use fresh hot water..as in we wash the bottles first when doing the dishes, not after other dirty dishes have been in the water.

I've heard its 1 year for preemies. I still do it but I dunno why tbh - alex gets cows milk now and eats any bit of fluff on the carpet. :shrug:

I stopped when Andrew reached about 9m actual - I know it was just before he had his fits, as I wasn't worried about sterilising when he was in hospital. I think we decided that, as he was spending a good deal of the day playing (tummy time) on the floor and would put his hands into his mouth, that sterilising bottles was a bit ott.

I stopped when the girls were 8 months actual age so 6ish months corrected!

pmsl i should really stop eh, at least give myself some sterilising free time before new baby comes :rofl:

pmsl i should really stop eh, at least give myself some sterilising free time before new baby comes :rofl:

I used to love doing it then it became a chore and I was glad when we packed it up!
Id love another baby though but just one so I wouldnt need to be at the sink too many times in one day :rofl:

I have 10 TT bottles so I can manage to get OH to wash All of them every other day at the moment, and just stick a few in the steriliser at a time lol.

She has plenty of tummy time and has started putting her hands in her mouth (and anything she gets hold of)

But I don't sterilise the bowls I use to make her food in, just make it up with her milk.

Soo, hopefully I can stop sterilising around xmas/new year time she will be 8 months by then. I mean, Im not going to sterlize all the toys she gets for xmas and its guaranteed she will be sticking them in her mouth!

TBH now i only sterilise once a day and take out when needed, its all in my head tbh.....lol...maybe i need to let go....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->