When did you tell all of your friends you were pregnant??

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
So....when did you tell everyone you were pregnant? We have told all family and we now just have to tell our freinds...when did you tell and how?....did you just mention it passing by? Only our very close friends know, just dont know how to tell the rest! xx

We called and told close family and friends and then posted the scan picture on Facebook so the rest of our family and friends knew. At the time we lived in a different country so it was the easiest way to do it.

Aww thats lovely....its ashame im not a facebook, it would be easier than letting everyone know individually xx

Send a group text? Maybe attach a picture..I also told people on Facebook but close friends and family new early on! X

We told immediate family around 6/7 weeks purely because I had to inform work (I work with chemicals). It seemed fair that if work knew, our family should too. I told the odd very very close friend, then OHs children after our 12 week scan and put the scan picture on Facebook at 14 weeks. Would've taken me forever to tell individual people!

i think i was around 8 weeks when we told our friends via tumblr/facebook. i had told close family and friends beforehand tho :)

Family and close friends already know. Friends will probably find out through Facebook.

I told my family immediately. Close friends I told as I saw them in person or if they lived far away I sent a text or called.

My best friend and I always joke about my lifelong desire to be barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen. I took a picture of me barefoot and in the kitchen and said "Not just two out of three anymore!". He got it immediately.
I think it would be pretty easy to send out a mass text like that.

For the rest, I posted an ultrasound picture on facebook with a silly "your mom" joke. It's already pretty obvious when I go to parties and stuff.

I know a lot of people wait until the first trimester is over, or until the scan is good.

I am, unfortunately, very aware of my grieving processes for other deaths in my life. I knew if I miscarried I would need the support and love of those people. Our rule was that I wouldn't tell anyone early on that I wouldn't want to hold my hand while I cried if something went wrong.

I have a very small group of friends on FB (less than 50) so when I got my positive pregnancy test, I uploaded a photo and announced it.

Told family at 5 or 6 weeks. Some of each of our closest friends in the coming weeks. Told my main group of girlfriends at 9 weeks since it was a bachelorette trip. Otherwise FB knew after our 10 week scan

Not told anyone except my mum, dad, brother and best friend. Not sure when or how to either.

we have only told a few of our friends and family

not announcing it on FB

I guess people will just see the bump

work knew first due to prev MC

We told our parents and siblings right away. I HAD to tell a few of my closest friends and I told my boss because I didn't want to lie to her about missing work for dr. appts, possible m/s, etc. But no one else at work knows.

All of my close friends i talk to all the time and they are like family so I told them when I told my family. The rest of my friends that I dont really talk to often just found out on FB at 13 weeks. No one was upset about that or anything.

We only told our two closest couple friends at about 8 weeks, and that was only because we had plans with them (I smoked and drank before becoming pregnant, so they would have known right away with me not doing either). Once we hit the 2nd trimester if we ran into friends we would tell them - the ones we didn't run into we finally told after our 20 week scan.

We're holding out until 2nd trimester or at least until our 1st ultrasound before telling anyone, as I've miscarried a couple times in the past and don't want to jinx it.

We haven't told anyone yet. I'm thinking about spilling it to family and close friends at 20 weeks. More distant friends will find out eventually from word of mouth or if we run into each other LOL.

Immediately. I don't think miscarriage should be hidden. I have made both Facebook posts.

So....when did you tell everyone you were pregnant? We have told all family and we now just have to tell our freinds...when did you tell and how?....did you just mention it passing by? Only our very close friends know, just dont know how to tell the rest! xx
The minute the test came out positive it was written on facebook...
I know it was bad for me to tell everyone so soon but we were way too excited not too! my mum was told the next day, to give us time to find the best way to tell her...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->