When did you tell people you're pregnant??

sancarlos27

Reaction score
Just getting some input on when most people tell close friends, family, bosses about pregnancy. I know I've heard 12 weeks is common but that seems like a hard secret to keep- especially with morning sickness, etc...Did anyone tell people earlier and have it backfire? Thanks!

We are not telling anyone this time until 12 weeks because in Feb we told everyone that would listen straight away (after we saw the heartbeat at 6w4d) and then mc at 10w and it was HORRIBLE to have to tell everyone what had happend when all I wanted to do was crawl into a hole and die! Then there were the people who we didn't see often that would come up to me like 2 and 3 months later being all rude and asking how the baby was while eyeing the wine I had in my hand....needless to say they shut up pretty fast when I said actually we lost it but thanks! To each her own but I can't do that again it sucked really bad. :hugs:

i was so excited i told everyone the same day i found out i was pregnant.i was on that phone after my positive pregnancy test.lol

We told EVERYONE last time ( had a mc in March at 7 weeks)... I was just soo excited that I couldn't help myself... then telling everyone that I had miscarried was just awful, especially when I went back to work, people were hugging me and telling me how sorry they were... they were just trying to help but sadly it didn't, I just got angry.
We have decided to wait this time, which I thought would be really hard.. but is actually getting easier. I have told a good friend as work (in case I have to run to the loo.. she will cover for me)... and I have told my sister.... but not our parents or other siblings...
I am keeping really positive and somehow feel abit different this time... I have everything crossed.
Only you can decide... this was just my experience..

8 weeks, but I'd just had a scan and seen the heartbeat, so the odds were in our favor. Told my best friend and my sister the day I got the BFP, they were also the only two who knew we were ttc.

i told my best friend the same day that i got my bfp, and my sister a few days later. had to tell my boss this week because they were counting on me to help with deliveries next week and i can't be lifting 4 tier wedding cakes!

we'll tell my parents and my grandparents on my mom's side when i'm 8 weeks, simply because we're going to be in our hometown and i want to tell them in person. but we're not telling anyone else until 12 weeks.

this is our 1st so i don't have any previous experience. we're just going with what feels like the right time for us.

I'm going to tell my sister and both sets of parents at 10 weeks. Although we've had a 6week scan I don't want to jinx it by telling everyone early. I would ideally have left it until my 12 week scan, but I'll actually be away on holiday between 11 and 13.5 weeks, and I'm going away with my mother in law so we'll have to tell them before! Telling them at 10 weeks (Sunday 20 Sept to be precise, if all goes to plan) as its my parents 40th wedding anniversary and thought it would be a nice extra surprise!

i told my boss today who was delighted for me.

told a few friends as we're going on a hen weekend and it will look abit odd if I dont drink

My OH has told nearly everyone already!

This is my first pregnancy so we've told everyone the day of getting the positive. No way keeping it in with my big mouth!

hey there, I told only family and close friends the day I got my bfp in may, unfortunately I had a mmc, but everyone in work found out about that, they had guessed anyway that I was pg and then I was off sick for 4 weeks. Therefore, this time I'm gonna wait til I see heartbeat and then tell, i'm having early scans so not sure when that will be. I couldn't keep it for 12 weeks

I have told my closest friends (the ones who would be like why aren't you coming out for a big night or why have you only had one glass wine?), I also told my mum and my OH's closest family once we had seom time to work out our own thoughts. This was about 5 weeks

I then told my boss as I was having to go to hospital a fair bit and didn't want to lie...turned out she was pregnant as was one of my other colleagues so I ended up telling everyone in my team (of 4 including me).

So far, touch wood, everything is fine but we are doing a bigger announancement after the scan which I will have at about 13 weeks!

It's really up to you and what you feel comfortable with..

Congratulations btw!
xx

Me and OH decided that we wouldn't tell anyone till 12wks... but that didn't happen...
I told my sister and mom the night i found out...
OH told his mom and brothers the next day,
Mom told her close friends the following week, as did my sister, and so by 6wks my two close cousins, mom close friends, OH's family and close friends and my closest friends all knew lmao....

NOW it's under wraps till the bump starts to show... when it comes to me though people who i would want to no whether the news is good or bad should no!!!

So if i think you should know then i would have told them but i've told everyone who means something to me, OH or my family!!!

But i do know there are gonna be some pissed of people who are gonna wanna know why they weren't told straight away... Ah Well lol :hugs:

Me and OH decided that we wouldn't tell anyone till 12wks... but that didn't happen...
I told my sister and mom the night i found out...
OH told his mom and brothers the next day,
Mom told her close friends the following week, as did my sister, and so by 6wks my two close cousins, mom close friends, OH's family and close friends and my closest friends all knew lmao....

Lol!!

We've told my in laws, my sister, a close friend, a friend who is praying for us and a friend who is 22 weeks pregnant herself (for support, both ways obviously ;))

So thats 6 so far.

We're going to see friends in Bournemouth tomorrow, who I may tell tomorrow, for 2 reasons, 1) she is 31 weeks pregnant and 2) because she'll wonder why the hell I'm not necking the wine :D

Nicola xx

we are telling no one til after our scan (hoping for a private one at 8weeks) but then it will be only some people and not everyone ..... that'll have to wait til I've passed the 12 week mark

Next weekend is going to be tricky as it's my great big birthday party weekend - with camping out back - so no chance of using the driving excuse
Think I may have to call on a mystery infection and a course of antibiotics!

We waited until after the 12 week scan to tell anyone last time, because I had had a mc a few months before so we were pretty nervous.
This time I told my best friend before I told OH!! (Actually, he knew first though, because she's in England and I emailed her.)
I was planning on waiting until after the scan again this time. There were a few people I had to tell though, like my manager at work, and my friend at work (who I usually go out for sushi with). I wanted to wait to tell Freya and then let her tell everyone else.
Anyway, OH and I got our wires crossed last night and he thought I was telling my mum so he told Freya (we wanted her to know first).
So I guess now everyone will know because I don't think you can ask a 4 year old to keep that secret!!

hahaha i remember when we told my niece she was going to have a little brother she went to my sisters tummy everyday asking him why he wasnt coming out yet!! haha this went on for over 20 weeks!!! Ive told my mum and sisters,the babys father and my 2 closest friends.I'd say i'll wait a while before i tell anyone else

We haven't told anyone yet! Well except for parents. And my brother. And my best friend. And then another best friend. And OH's best friend and other best friend. Well and my HR, who just laid me off :( I guess we told a lot of people but I feel I haven't even started opening my mouth!

I told everybody at 4 weeks. I did the same thing when I had my chemical pregnancy and April and it was sad telling them it ended badly but I didn't want that experience to take away from any of the enjoyment this time around so I told early because I was so excited. I figure if i Have to tell people its over, it will be hard and sad, but at least I was able to share my joy and excitment, and enjoy it with my family and friends even if only for a short time But hopefully its for 40 weeks ;)

We were soo excited that we told everyone! haha.. everyone knew about ttc so as soon as we got our BFP we couldnt hold it in! Only a few people dont know now that we are expecting... mostly people we know are not going to be all that happy about it.. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->