When did you tell people you're pregnant??

We got out bfp on 27th July and are now 8 weeks. We had an early viability scan on 25th August and saw good strong heartbeat, so we are going to make the announcement at a family bbq on Sunday. I know lots of people say wait until 12 weeks, but after waiting 15 years for a viable pregnancy, it's hard not to share :)

You all gave such great answers and gave me a LOT to think about...I can definitely see both sides of it...First things first though- waiting for my confirmation from doctor test that I'm even preggo!

We told everyone pretty much as soon as we found out but I lost the baby :(
This time we're going to wait till 12 weeks. Only told one person which is my sister in law because we were both pregnant at the same time but obviously I miscarried.

i just told everybody on thursday after my scan, I am not quite 12 weeks but everything looked good and the sonographer said my chances of a m/c are the same at 11 weeks with a good heartbeat as they are after 12 weeks - very low - so i thought it was safe to tell everyone - well actually i only told my mum - she told the world!!

im six weeks and have told both sets of parents and my husbands sister! Going to keep it quiet from others til I reach 12 weeks if possible

We were going to wait til 12 weeks but.... I told my team manager when I wasn't even 4 weeks, as I had already got BFP and was petrified it was chemical so was having a bit of a wobbly moment at work so had to explain myself. Then we told my mum and MIL when was 4 weeks. Told my sister at 5 weeks. I have told 1 other person at work. A colleague of OH guessed somehow, as did someone my mum works with. Won't tell anyone else til 12 weeks.

Last night though had a horrible dream that I had a call from a cousin (who I never see) who had found out, as my mum/sister had blabbed and it had got around the whole family. Thank goodness it was a dream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->