When did you tell work?

pearlsandbows

Got our BFP on Xmas Day!
Reaction score
I have told my manager I'm pregnant today at near 7 weeks. I didn't want to as we haven't told parents yet, but I was feeling really sick today & if I end up needing time off for it or anything else I want her to know in advance! She was really excited & I know I can trust her to keep it confidential. Just wondered what point you told work?
xo.

I'll be telling my boss when I start showing, hopefully that's around 20 weeks but we'll see. He's just not my fav person and I don't think he needs to know any sooner than absolutely necessary. He just laid a colleague off who was 1 year from retirement so I have no fears that my colleagues will find coverage while I'm gone.

I told my manager at 7 weeks but only coz I do have a physical job and am on my feet for most of the day so we can make other arrangements if I need to but she won't tell anyone so will tell my colleagues after the first scan.

Good luck
X

I told my manager when I was roughly 7 weeks because I started bleeding at work, she was shocked and asked said that my first hadn’t even turned 1 yet.. I corrected her and said that my LO was 15 months old.. then she went ‘oh’ and told me to go to hospital. Since being back she has been very supportive xx

Told my boss at 5 1/2 weeks as it was right before we went on Christmas break and I assumed when I came back I'd have bad morning sickness. I ended up telling him last time around 9 weeks because I was so constantly ill that his boss started to question what was wrong with me.

Plus my boss has 4 kids of his own and 5 step kids. It's not like he doesn't know how these things work. Last time he was completely confidential about it all, so I know this time it'll be kept quiet.

The rest of the office can know after the 12 week scan comes back all clear.

I told my boss on Monday at 9 weeks as I needed him to get me out of a course. He was great about it.

I plan on telling them once I'm past 1st tri. So probably next Monday.

Unless it's unavoidable, I'll be telling my work at 12 weeks when we announce to everyone.

Last time I told manager right away as she was super supportive and I threw up 5 times a day so it would not have been a secret. At this new job I only told2 co-workers that I trust not to blab but will tell management at around 12 weeks - I should be getting apt and listening to baby's heartbeat. As soon as I hear it I will tell them.

I told work after my scan think I was 9 weeks, they were relieved as I'd had so much time off I was about to get a disciplinary. Plus I wanted my 12 week scan time off, so do you guys book holidays for your appointments if you dont tell your manager/hr dept?
I'm not sure what I'll do this time, I work on a meat and fish counter so worried about being sick from the smell etc. I only work 5 hours unless it's holiday cover and Christmas so I'll probably not tell them until 12 weeks. Xx

We get a certain amount of time for doctors appointments and legally they have to do this.

I booked leave for my 6 week scan as we hadn't told work yet and whether it was good news or bad news I wanted to spend the day with hubby. Thankfully it went well so we went out for lunch and spent the day in a happy daze.

I told my boss today actually... Didnt plan to nearly this early but found out we are downsizing 75% of company today (i am not on the chopping block) so I decided to tell them to give myself a little insurance... plus I want some flexibility with appointments etc without getting flack for it. She knows about my previous loss so I am ok with her knowing. I told her to keep it confidential of course.

I told work really early at 5 weeks. I was expecting really bad ms like I had with my dd but thankfully escaped it. They have been fab though x

I'm having a hard time deciding this. I want to wait as long as I can but I also work in adog grooming salon so I'm constantly around dirty jumping dogs. Besides that I lift the big ones into the tub. My manager is very gossipy so it wouldn't be a secret once I tell her. I'm also trying to get into a 3 month training course and don't want being pregnant to impact anything. I'm 5w5d right now.

If it's something you're used to doing there isn't going to be much risk continuing to do so, especially in first tri, so just take care to lift properly.
Xx

As soon as I found out, for my safety and their insurance policies.

When a member of staff is pregnant it's imperative that a risk assessment is carried out so your boss knows what you are/aren't capable of but also so you get the relevant time off without being punished for it (eg antenatal appointments that they assume is sickness etc)

With this pregnancy I ended up telling her around 9 weeks. Prior to this pregnancy I had two miscarriages and both times I told her much earlier. I wanted to wait to tell her, but I sorta felt bad. I like her and she's always been very supportive of my situation.

With this pregnancy I ended up telling her around 9 weeks. Prior to this pregnancy I had two miscarriages and both times I told her much earlier.

<--that's also why I'm not telling my boss until I have to. I'm a pretty private person and wouldn't want to have to share information about a m/c with my boss. Even if it were a person I respected, this is really private stuff for me.

I'm currently on maternity leave from work and I'm not due back until end of April, I'll be telling work at the end of February (12weeks) but I also have to tell them that I plan on taking my 2nd mat leave as early as possible, so come April I will only be back in work 3 weeks then take 4 weeks holiday owed to me then my 2nd mat leave starts, so I'm basically doing 2x mat leaves back to back lol
To say this year is hectic is an understatement as we get married in June as well lol xxxx

I told work 2 days after I found out I was pregnant. A little over 4 weeks, but they knew I was trying to get pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->