When did you/when do you plan to announce?

B

became

Currently in a debate with OH. Someone we trusted has blabbed about our pregnancy, and now a lot of people know that we weren't planning on telling for a while. I'm tempted to just announce it, but part of me is still held back about it. Have any of you annonced yet? If not, when do you plan to? :) x

I've got a cute little idea for our announcement, I'll upload a pic shortly.. X

We plan on telling my Mom today, and his parents and sister on the weekend. As well as 3 of our really close friends.
We will be waiting until after our first appointment (which is at 10 weeks) to tell anybody else.

I plan on waiting until after my dating scan to say anything :)

My mum knows but not telling rveryone until 12 week scan

i'm only 7 weeks but told my closest friends and my parents and parents in law. I want to share the news with those i love. But not sharing with anyone else now until dating scan and i know my wee bubs is ok and growing :)

In your situation I would probably just announce just because otherwise people will tell people and it won't be your surprise anymore ... You do people feel to blab 😔... Xx

We are waiting until 12 weeks to tell people. Really only because I don't want to tell my 3 year old dd until after ultrasounds and stuff....and I know my family won't be able to not say "oh you are going to be a big sister". I'll probably tell my close friend, but other than that we intend to enjoy the news just myself and my oh until 12 weeks.

I've told some friends and family, but its not going to be general knowledge until after my 12 week scan, and I plan to announce it on facebook with a picture of my son holding a sign saying:

I'm being promoted...to Big Brother.
January 2016.

:)

Apart from a few close friends we didn't tell anyone until 12 week scan, most people still don't know who don't see me every day..... Its a bit obvious now that I waddle everywhere ...... Did plan on keeping it a complete secret u until 20 weeks. But now I am there I see it could never have happened xxxx

We kept it a secret from everyone (parents and friends) until the first trimester was complete. The last thing you want is for your parents to find out through a FB leak

Congratulations! We had originally planned to only tell our parents and closest family members - However, almost all of our family on both sides know due to everyone's excitement :haha: I won't be announcing it publicly until our first scan, just so I can feel more relaxed about it all

I tried to wait but I am terrible with secrets so ended up telling all of my family at 5 weeks and everyone at work at 6 weeks.

I told at 6 weeks with my first baby, 12 with my second, ~10 with my third, and I'm not sure about this one. I tell once I feel comfortable with the pregnancy, which is why it varies.

I tell my parents and sister straight away, and they tell everyone they know as soon as I tell them. Ugh. But I need their help, so I can't avoid it. But, I don't have to tell MY friends or acquaintances until later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->