When did you/will you tell friends & family

Claralee

Reaction score
My dh is fairly superstitious and doesn't want to tell anyone (including family) until I am 13 weeks. I am terrible at keeping secrets. Plus he is a bit grumpy that we got pregnant so quickly (he was hoping for months of guaranteed 'action').

We are staying with my family for Christmas and I don't know how I am going to keep hiding it when I'm not drinking and so tired all the time.

So I'm wondering if you are telling family right away or waiting until second trimester (or some other time). What about friends?

I did tell my best friend which dh knows. The night I got my bfp I went out with a few old friends from high school and I told them too as I couldn't keep a straight face when they asked me why I wasn't drinking (dh does not know that I told them). Argh it's so hard to keep it to myself especially when I only see my family once or twice a year (they live in a different country).

Last time I told my mum and dad when I was 5 weeks (I was in their house and they offered me a glass of wine, which I very rarely say no to!) and told MIL at 9 weeks because she came to visit and kept insisting that she was going to take us out to dinner but I was just too nauseous and tired to do anything so had to tell her! Most other people were told in dribs & drabs after we had the 12 week scan. I didn't put anything about it on facebook until I was 20 weeks.

This time I've told my sister (who is also PG, 8 weeks) and a group of friends that I'm in a very close secret facebook group with who I know won't breathe a word to anyone. I'm undecided about when to tell my parents etc. I think I'd like to leave it as long as possible. This pregnancy was a big surprise for us, we were definitely not having another until DD started school (2016!) so will feel a bit like a teenager telling my mum lol!

I understand the feeling like a teenager. For some reason my parents weren't thrilled when I told them we were going to be trying (came up in conversation after I chose to have my coil out to prepare for ttc). So I'm not sure what their reaction will be and I'd love them to be really happy but have a feeling I might be disappointed.

How wonderful that you and your sister get to be pregnant together. I know it was a shock for you but that has to be an upside that you get to do it together and your kids will be so close in age.

I understand the feeling like a teenager. For some reason my parents weren't thrilled when I told them we were going to be trying (came up in conversation after I chose to have my coil out to prepare for ttc). So I'm not sure what their reaction will be and I'd love them to be really happy but have a feeling I might be disappointed.

How wonderful that you and your sister get to be pregnant together. I know it was a shock for you but that has to be an upside that you get to do it together and your kids will be so close in age.

Yes, that is a big silver lining, my sis and I are close (despite living on 2 separate continents! We're from Ireland but she lives in SC and I'm in the UK!) and she was the first person I told when I suspected I might be PG, even before DH). I'm looking forward to sharing everything with her (right now she's in the "everything makes me feel sick" phase...not looking forward to that one!). I know my mom and dad will be supportive, but it still doesn't take away the feeling in the pit of your stomach at the thought of telling them!!!

I have decided to wait until 13 weeks as my first and only pregnancy ended in mc. I don't want to disappoint my husbands family. My husband is the baby in his family by 10 years. Both of his older siblings don't have kids. All the pressure has been placed on us since we are still young enough to have a child.

I can't take disappointing them. Although sometimes I wish they knew about the first miscarriage as they can't about grandkids all the time. And it makes me sad.

I'm 9 weeks and I haven't shared yet. I want to wait till I reach 14-16 weeks. I will have a cerclage placed and I want to make sure all is well before telling the masses.

We told our parents fairly quickly but I just made our announcement to everyone else today. I had a free fetal cell DNA test done about ten days ago and got the all clear today on genetic syndromes as well as found out the gender so we felt confident announcing:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->