When did your belly pop out?

littlemamana

Mommy to Colin
Reaction score
I'm so anxious to start showing. I know it's normal to not be showing yet... but I'm annoyed because I keep getting comments from other people saying, "You're so small!" My midwife yesterday was talking to the nurse about how I was 16 weeks and said, "Isn't that sweet? She's not even showing yet!" I feel like people think I'm not legitimately pregnant since I'm not showing. :shrug: I have a very, very small bump but only I notice it. This is normal for 16 weeks right? When did you start really showing?

I told my colleagues in work when I was 16 weeks and by then they had all guessed and were discussing it amongst themselves. My bump was huge (I was in maternity clothes at 8 weeks), but baby was breech until yesterday so it has now dropped, but it was only a few weeks ago that strangers noticed and commented.

Don't worry, you'll have a lovely bump soon enough.

I guess what is perplexing me is that I'm really small already so I thought I'd show sooner? I'm 5'5" and about 110 pounds... I just wonder where baby is hiding!! :haha:

With my first, I was around 20ish weeks before I even started to show. I'm petite and short but she hid for a while!

Someone in work said to me today "I don't know where you're hiding the baby, you can't tell". At certain angles I look like I've eaten all the pies, but she said I just look like I normally do (I definitely could have done with losing a few lbs pre-pregnancy, not the smallest girl!), but my lower abdomen has only just started to round out, it's pretty flat-looking most of the time still!!

I guess what is perplexing me is that I'm really small already so I thought I'd show sooner? I'm 5'5" and about 110 pounds... I just wonder where baby is hiding!! :haha:

See that's what was strange for me - I'm the same height as you but much heavier (at 10st 10 pre-baby) and I also carried my excess weight around my tummy. Baby seems to have filled out the fat from early on, bump was quite firm and noticable when I thought it would be easier to hide because of the padding!

I think I started actually showing at 15 weeks.
I have next to no torso and I am a petite build so I seem to shoe pretty early. I usually really pop at 6 months months.

I'm 5'3 and was about 100lbs when I got pregnant with my first. VERY short torso and I didn't really start showing until 18 weeks and I popped around 20 weeks. This time around, I'm already showing. At 15 weeks I look like I did at 18 or 19 weeks with my first.

It's silly but I'm hoping to be showing before Christmas because there are people in my family who don't know yet so I want to walk into my grandma's house during our Christmas Eve celebration and point to my belly and say, "Surprise!" :haha: I'll be past 20 weeks by then though so hopefully *fingers crossed* I will be showing by then.

I'm 19 weeks and still don't have a bump. My OH keeps saying "the baby is about 16cm now... where the hell are you hiding it!"

aww i promise you in 10 weeks time your be HUGE!
i didnt show much heres a photo off my 15 week bump and the next photo is 25 week look at the difference in 10 weeks! it will just creep on you!
I think everyone expects to show straight away but i didnt start showing till at least over half way of the pregnancy!

xxxx

Attachments

• - 009.jpg
    - 009.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG0113.jpg
    IMG0113.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 24
I wish I had a bump too! I am skinny but tall so I guess the baby has room to hide in there somewhere! I am only 15 weeks! It seems to pop out at night and we get excited, but then my tummy is flat by the morning! Strange happenings! Lol!

Family and friends who live elsewhere and don't see me often keep asking me to take belly pictures... I'm like, "Well, if I had a belly to take pictures of, I would!" I feel they are more impatient for me to start showing than I am :haha:.

id say iv started showing this past week, 2 weeks ago i told a friend i was pregnant and she wodnt believe me, i had my stomach out goin loooooook, and she was like at wat? lol very embarassing haha but i could see the difference in my body lol this week tho theres no denyin it.....well i think so ha !

I think this week (19 weeks tomorrow) it's really obvious. But from about 17 weeks I was showing.

People at my work started commenting that I was showing a bit around the end of my 14th week and in the last week and a bit I've definitely started to show...can't hide it anymore!

I know how you feel I'm 20 weeks and just barely showing. If you didn't know I was pregnant people wouldn't even guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->