When did your little one stop having bradys and desats?

WantsALittle1

Reaction score
My girlie was born at 31+3 and is now 35+4, going on 5 weeks in the NICU. She was on CPAP for 1 day, cannula for 3, and has been off all breathing support ever since.

She still has one 'serious' brady a day, usually at night, and will have several self-recovering desats/bradys when I breastfeed her. Our NICU doesn't count the feeding bradys in her daily brady/desat count. I'm just wondering when other folks' preemies stopped having Bs and Ds altogether?

As far as I understand, *most* babies outgrow Bs and Ds somewhere between 36-37 weeks, but I just wanted to see if there was hope that she would outgrow them sooner so we can get her home :)

My baby was full-term, but suffered meconium aspiration. He's 11 days old and still on a cannula. He desats when he sleeps deeply, and now they are wondering if he's working too hard to feed as well, and may up the oxygen.
I know the situation is different, but maybe it just depends on the kid and their personal strength.

Oh good to know. I have a preemie he is 30wks4days today. He still do thqt i guess he still to little.

They just explained to me yesterday some babies don't quite catch on to the suck-swallow reflex as fast as some. So even at term, my boy is struggling with that.

Indya was still doing it at 41 weeks. It was really strange though, one day they just stopped!

I didn't believe the drs when they said she'd grow out it, but she did. Eventually!

Mine were around 34 and 36 weeks, Jonny was slower but he was plagued with more chest issues. I recall having first hated the monitors getting stressed when they started turning them off!

Mine did it until 36 weeks. They do eventually outgrow them x

OP here. My daughter has been discharged from the NICU since this thread... Her last official brady/desat (not related to food or positional change) was at 35+4, and she was discharged by 36+2. Just wanted to update!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->