When did your period return?

eskimohime

Reaction score
When did your period return while breastfeeding? My baby makes 4 months today and I just got mine back yesterday. I was really surprised because we are still breastfeeding but maybe it came back because I am back at work so we feed her more on a schedule now. She's also sleeping longer stretches at night (I do wake up to pump every 3/4 hours). Before I went back to work she used to feed every 2 hours or less! I guess I'm just disappointed because that was one of the perks of breastfeeding for me was not getting a period! haha

So will getting my period mean anything besides that I can now get pregnant? Will it affect my milk supply? I'm worried about that. I hope to continue breastfeeding for a year!

I know lots of people notice a dip in supply right before their period comes, but I personally never have. I also didn't get it back until 13 months, so she wasn't EBF, so maybe it's just not as noticeable at that point.

The most irritating part for me was getting super sensitive nipples about a week before AF showed. I actually still do, a year and a half later...

My periods have been really irregular since coming back, so prepare for that!

Its a myth that EBF will make you not get your period. I got mine at 5 months and I was EBF and she was feeding thru the night.
It will come back when your body decides its ready for it.

Still nothing at 13+ months here....I'm actually a bit worried about it being so long

It came back at 5 months for me and we exclusively breastfeed every couple of hours day and night (still the same now at 10 months) ! I got a dip in supply for three days, starting from the day before it started, but luckily only for the first two periods - it made Miranda extremely irritable !

After my eldest, it came back at 6 months. After my second, who was stillborn but I was still feeding DS1, it came back at 7 weeks. I'm now at 9 months with DS2 and nothing yet.

Coming up to 13 months, but I think it's going to start soon, noticed by body is starting to work again, might be due to us starting to offer her water at night and trying to drop a couple of the 'comfort' feeds

Over a year with DS1, kinda. I got preg and miscarried when DS1 was 3 months and bled. No period for the next year, then another miscarriage right before we conceived DS2. Now I'm nursing both and it came back under 3 mo.

Typically, just after answering this, I got my first proper PP period 2 days later. So 9 months for me this time, and a very light period that lasted 8 days, but 6 of those were just occasional spotting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->