When did your preemie stay awake more than sleep?

MissMandieMitz

Mommy of 2 :)
Reaction score
Right, so Maxson is a month and a half now and he is still sleeping all day and all night. He is awake every now and then but it's not often and not for very long.

I know tons of women would rather their babies sleep all the time but I so desperately want him to be awake during the day! I want to take him to the park, to get his pictures professionally done, etc....but since he sleeps 90% of the time theres really no point to it right now cause he'd just sleep the whole time!

:hissy:

Molly has only very recently started being awake for periods of up to 4-5 hours, but I would say she still spends more time asleep. I know how you feel, I want her to be awake more!

I'm so glad you asked this. Mikayla is 13 weeks old and sleeps all the time too. She is awake for 4-5 hours in a 24 hour period only.

I seem to remember they were about 8 weeks old when they started to stay awake more.

4-5 months old as far as I remember

Around my baby's due date he really changed and started being awake more...we still did photos when he came home though. he is asleep in most of them but I love them because he is such a sweet little wrinkly baby and you can tell the difference between those and the ones we had done 2 months later...go ahead and do them, you will love having those memories asleep or no! :) or you can do ones at your own place - get a solid ironed sheet or solid blanket and cover over the area that baby is comfortable in, and then place baby and take your own photos - you can take a variety that way that you will love.

Archie is awake from 8am until 12 noon then sleeps the rest of the day. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->