When did your preemies reflux clear up?

Kiwiberry

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls & 2 adorable boys!
Reaction score
Riya has really bad reflux. I am wondering, when did your preemie's reflux clear up? She is on prilosec right now to help with the pain, but its the spit up that really gets to me. Every time she eats she spits up all over me. Any tips on how to keep it contained? I go through burp clothes like crazy. At least 3-4 a day.

Riya has really bad reflux. I am wondering, when did your preemie's reflux clear up? She is on prilosec right now to help with the pain, but its the spit up that really gets to me. Every time she eats she spits up all over me. Any tips on how to keep it contained? I go through burp clothes like crazy. At least 3-4 a day.

Hi :) Phoebe has reflux and my middle child, Alex, also had it. Alex's was due to allergies but phoebes is just standard reflux. The difference between the 2 is pretty dramatic. Have you considered a CMP allergy? My sons reflux stopped the day I put him on Neocate.

I breastfeed, so can she get the allergy from breastmilk?

Yeah. All my kids have breastfed and Alex was allergic to EVERYTHING so we switched to Neocate after 5 months of elimination diets. Try cutting out all dairy and soya products for 2 weeks and see if there's an improvement :) If so, reintroduce soya and see if there's a reaction. Lots of kids who are CMPI also are intolerant to Soya so it makes sense to eliminate both to begin with.

I don't think she's allergic. It's just really bad reflux.

Rio was 8 months when we got rid of his omeprazole and domperidone completely, he still had his milk thickened until 10 months and never drank anything without carobel in before then as he would choke on it because of how bad the reflux was.
I'd say he fully grew out of it by 11 months. He eats and drinks everything now no problem. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->