When Do Babies Become Really Alert??

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
Just wondering when it is normal for babies to become more alert??

Maya's still sleeping a hell of alot in the day!!

Thanks!!

xxx

Jayden has been alert since he came out, sleeps like 5 hours throughout the day the rest he keeps me on my toes lol. count yourself luckyy chick ha xx

Jayden has been alert since he came out, sleeps like 5 hours throughout the day the rest he keeps me on my toes lol. count yourself luckyy chick ha xx

Wow!! 5 hours?? Maya goes for more like 50 hours. She's lazy like her mummy :rofl:

I'm just really eager for her to be more awake so I can interact with her more & get to know each other. She hasn't been sleeping that great at night now either & just figured that once she's more alert it will perhaps be easier to work on her routine!!

Wow!! 5 hours?? Maya goes for more like 50 hours. She's lazy like her mummy :rofl:

I'm just really eager for her to be more awake so I can interact with her more & get to know each other. She hasn't been sleeping that great at night now either & just figured that once she's more alert it will perhaps be easier to work on her routine!!

Jayden still isn't in a proper routine yet.

In the day he feeds every 3-4hours, changed bum and then has 30mins sleep then he will wake up cry for a bit then play an so on..

In the night he gets a bath around 8:30 then feeds an changed and bed at 9, he then wakes up around 3 or 4 for a another feed an change then a little play an once he settles he will sleep till 8am.

I am waiting for him to start nursery to get both of us in to a routine that works, for now i am enjoying him surprising me when he wants something haha

xx

sam was about 7 weeks wen he was awake all the time now hes 10 mths n only as a 2 hour sleep through the day

Hannah has alert periods throughout the day but she still sleeps quite a lot

Jayden still isn't in a proper routine yet.

In the day he feeds every 3-4hours, changed bum and then has 30mins sleep then he will wake up cry for a bit then play an so on..

In the night he gets a bath around 8:30 then feeds an changed and bed at 9, he then wakes up around 3 or 4 for a another feed an change then a little play an once he settles he will sleep till 8am.

I am waiting for him to start nursery to get both of us in to a routine that works, for now i am enjoying him surprising me when he wants something haha

xx

Lol that's still quite good though hun!!!

Maya is all over the place, she really is! Some days she'll wake at 9am for feed, stay awake, feed at 12pm, sleep till 4pm, awake till 8pm then bath & bed time, 1am feed, 5am feed & back up at 9am. That's a good day but others it can be up at 7am followed by 3 feeds up until 12pm, nap, 3pm feed, sleep, 6pm feed, 7:30pm bath & bed then constant waking up at night!!!

xxxx

Lol that's still quite good though hun!!!

Maya is all over the place, she really is! Some days she'll wake at 9am for feed, stay awake, feed at 12pm, sleep till 4pm, awake till 8pm then bath & bed time, 1am feed, 5am feed & back up at 9am. That's a good day but others it can be up at 7am followed by 3 feeds up until 12pm, nap, 3pm feed, sleep, 6pm feed, 7:30pm bath & bed then constant waking up at night!!!

xxxx

J has some off days like that still ... speak of the lil devil, he jus woke for a feed haha x

Just wondering when it is normal for babies to become more alert??

Maya's still sleeping a hell of alot in the day!!

Thanks!!

xxx

When you say alert, alert as far as looking around, being keen to things.

Every baby is different, each week you could expect different things.

Your baby is 3 weeks now, in week 4 they should be more alert.

Like there little eyes following you now.

First official smile, happening all the time now.

More cooing sounds

Moving in the crib/slight roll

These are a few examples of what my daughter did in week 3.

Hope this will help a little.

Mello

Josh was alert around 2 weeks. But around 4 weeks he was smiling, following objects, playing etc.

Maya is alert in the sense that when she's awake her eyes follow me, she kicks around etc

I just wish she was awake more often lol

It's lovely when she is awake & all alert :)

courtney sleeps quite a bit but when shes awake shes very alert ... big eyes.... :)

wish it wasnt between midnight and 3 am though :sleep:

courtney sleeps quite a bit but when shes awake shes very alert ... big eyes.... :)

wish it wasnt between midnight and 3 am though :sleep:

:rofl::rofl: Weren't you always up at that time in your pregnancy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->