When do/did you stop sterilising bottles

a year - I stopped steralising everyhting else at about 5-6 months as she was putting things in her mouth but if I gave her a bottle I would steralise it as I just found it tough to make sure everyhting was clean, would worry about nasty germs and bacteria from the milk in the teat etc.

13-14 months...but then Its a choice thing, I'm not as fussy about the bowls etc because they do have everything in their mouths anyway :roll: but like beanie says its gets rid of those milk germs anyway

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/formula/sterilising/

This may help x x

I'm not sure how long i'll carry on sterilising things for to be honest..its another one of those annoying debates where some say 6months and others say 12months! I know that babies immune systems are very poor for the first year so i understand why its reccommened until then- But i'll probably stop somewhere between 6 and 9months as i dont wanna over do it! I think you can go over the top with things like this and then when your child puts something slightly dirty in his/her mouth they get poorly.Like excessive cleaning lol. x

I stopped at around 6 months. :)

I stopped steralising his spoons bowls n that at 6 months, and to be honest i only do the bottles sometimes... If im in a big rush (how bad does that sound lol)then i dont bother just make sure there cleaned very well in hot water..but sometimes i do steralise, its own choice really. xx

Never did it, I thought it seemed kinda pointless..... since I wash them in the dishwasher and that gets pretty hot.

i have always stopped at around 6 to 7 months, when they start dropping bottles i switch from washing them by hand and strolixzeing them, to putting them in he dishwaher, all the bugs go then coz it gets so hot

x

I stopped at 6 months and then got a ticking off by my HV who said I should at least do the teats once a week until they're 12 months. I ignored her and all has been absolutely fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->